Question Of The Day Sunday 25 August, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING!

I have been trying to think of a good question but my mind is elsewhere. I no longer have my Vince girl. It's a long story, she is alive but the person who found her will not give her back to me and it looks like I will have to take the legal route to get her back. I haven't slept in 3 nights and cannot eat. I will keep you updated but not in this thread.

As a child what were some of your favorite pastimes?

I had 3 imaginary friends; James, Daisy and Lowery. I have no idea how I knew how to spell Lowery. We would go places together, in my mind, and have conversations, and tea parties. My mother taught me to read when I was 3 so I read as well. When I started kindergarten my imaginary friends went away.

What were some of yours?

• Purraise
Reactions: Moz

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope Vincie is back home with you today, it is where she belongs.❤

There was a big copper beech tree at the bottom of my parents garden and I used to pretend the leaves were tortoise. I had a family of them all lined up eating the grass. I was about 21 at the time...only joking...I must have been about 2. I loved those tortoise.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I loved to dance. I used to work out whole dance routines and do them in front of the mirror till I got them right. :lol: Also my cat, Fred and corgi Jasper were great playmates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved to dance. I used to work out whole dance routines and do them in front of the mirror till I got them right. :lol: Also my cat, Fred and corgi Jasper were great playmates.
Sounds fun!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arts and crafts/coloring.
Playing outside making mud pies and such
Riding my bike in the driveway on "chalked" roads and intersections my sister and me drew.
I also loved drawing with chalk in general in the driveway.
I also loved playing make believe. One game in particular was pretending I was a witch making potions out of an old metal trash can using any dirt or plants I could find around the yard.

When I turned 9, we moved to a different house where we then lived on waterfront, so after that, most of my time was playing on the beach making sand castles and swimming or playing neighborhood hide and go seek with all the kids, jump rope in the street, or playing in the bush where we built a tree house out of old scrap wood.

How times have changed...:(

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I was an avid reader when I was younger, all the way through high school. I read at least a book a day.

When I was young (under 10), I played outside with my friends every day. We made up some pretty fantastical games and made forts in the woods and rode our bikes to places our parents specifically told us not to go. :paperbag:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Horses. Always horses.
My mom put me on a horse (holding me) when I was six months old and it was obviously love at first site. I was training smaller horses at a local riding stable by the time I was 7. Got my first horse (Arabian) when I was 12. When I wasn't riding, I was playing with my Breyer horse models. Until recently, I've always had horses in my life.
I miss them.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an imaginary friend named Cookie. He was a little monster and when I started kindergarten, he disappeared. I even saved him a seat on the bus, but he didn't show up. :frown:
Some of my favorite past times as a kid include playing night games like Ghosts in the Graveyard or Flashlight Tag. My backyard was next to two of my friends' backyards, so we had a huge playing field. We'd also play capture the flag in our yards.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly I read. And read and read. I learned to read when I was 3 (I think there may be a correlation between that and liking cats!) and never stopped reading. I could go through 2 or 3 chapter books a day. I would go to the library and take 10 books off the shelf, then return then a few days later and take the next 10. I wasn't picky, I just wanted to read.

Also, there was a bamboo forest near my friend's house. It must have been a park originally, because there were sections with cherry trees planted in rows and other signs of previous taming. But it wasn't maintained and the bamboo had taken over everything. We were told we weren't supposed to go in it, but it wasn't posted with signs so I don't know if that was official or not. Anyway nobody else was ever there, and the feeling of getting away with something illicit is always tempting to a kid, lol. We spent hours in there, playing and making things up or reading :D and making sure nobody saw us. We thought it was pretty cool. That was around ages 8-12, not when I was little though. My mom never let me out of her sight until I was 8. I don't really remember what I did when I was very small, other than read.

Last edited:

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing with Lego, reading and writing stories (I also learned to read when I was 3, and as my mom told me the other day, I just "loved books"), drawing, riding my bike, and playing video games (I was a child of the '90s).

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved playing paper dolls. We cut paper strips and used them to mark off rooms. We left open spaces for doors and we built whole houses like that. We cut out furnishings for the rooms from the catalogue. We would cut us out a mom and dad and some children. Then we cut cloths from the catalogues to dress them. We cut tabs at the shoulders to hang the clothes on. I had sisters and we entertained ourselves for hours doing this.
I also likes putting puzzles together. When we played outside, our favorite was riding bicycles or playing hopscotch. Daddy had hung a tire from the limb of the big oak three that was in the yard. One of us would sit in the tire and the other two would be the dentist or the doctor and a nurse. It is amazing how many things we could play with no toys..

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved playing with my kitties, reading, drawing, helping my Grandmother with anything and everything, and spending as much time outdoors as possible. Barbie doll was my first real toy but I collected horse statues. We lived on an island so much of my time was spent wandering and enjoying nature. I loved watching birds, fish, lizards, snakes etc. any living thing I encountered. After I got a bicycle in the fourth grade I loved riding the bluff of the island before a storm. The wind would push me the length of the island. I could imagine what it might be like to be a bird on the air currents.