Question of the Day, Sunday, 21st June, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING, EVENING, etc and HAPPY SUMMER IS HERE!!

Do you enjoy the heat or are you more of a fall/winter person? It was so hot yesterday I could only sit on the deck in the early morning because of the stifling humidity and dew points. I like September and October, my fave months as far as weather goes, since I live in Ohio but I prefer a dry heat.

What do you prefer?

Last edited:

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live for fall! Or Autumn as we call it here 🍂🍁

Hot chocolates, cosy sweaters, crazy tights, boots, scarves, kicking leaves, cinnamon, pumpkin spice everything, Halloween, blustery nights, scary movies, autumnal colours, blankets, marshmallows... I could go on and on!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cold! I live for cool to cold weather! I can always put on another layer, but when it's deathly hot and humid...well you can't escape your skin can you??? I run the A/C constantly in the summer but rely on my down comforter and sweatpants/sweatshirts to get me through the winter--i don't use the floor heating hardly at all. I honestly love waking up snuggled into a blanket.

(I had this exact convo with my crush and told him I was from the north so I like cold winds and moonlight. He is from the south and likes beaches and sunlight...haha)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Fall is my favorite season. I don't do well in heat and humidity.
Every stifling, hot, humid day, I always say I would like to build a monument to Mr. Carrier.
Can you imagine what it was like working in sweat boxes before central ac became commonplace??

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I am definitely a very cold and winter type person. You can always put on more clothes if you get cold but can only legally take off so much in the summer.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The UK is so up and down weather wise that I appreciate a long hot spell. We can go a few years without one of those and that's the main reason we book holidays in the far more predictable Spain.
The beaches in Cornwall for example, are truly beautiful but I've had many a holiday there wearing mostly a raincoat for the duration so we don't take the gamble anymore.
I can understand folks who live in hot places yearning for cooler weather though.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
70%-75% humidity and up to 90 degrees, and I am happy. I do not do well in the cold. By cold, I mean anything under 75! Haha! 70 and high humidity is probably the worst.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything higher than 75*F is miserly to me. I grew up and still live in Minnesota, so I'm well-adapted to the cold. My cold tolerance is much higher than my heat tolerance. I feel all temperatures 10 degrees and lower basically feel the same, but that is not the same for me with anything above 80. It just feels significantly worse with each additional degree.

The only thing I like about summer is the abundant variety of fresh produce available.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything higher than 75*F is miserly to me. I grew up and still live in Minnesota, so I'm well-adapted to the cold. My cold tolerance is much higher than my heat tolerance. I feel all temperatures 10 degrees and lower basically feel the same, but that is not the same for me with anything above 80. It just feels significantly worse with each additional degree.

The only thing I like about summer is the abundant variety of fresh produce available.
We keep our air conditioning on 74/75 :lol: Anything below 70 (indoors) is absolutely frigid to me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I like that it stays light out later in summer or that I can eat al fresco but I'm definitely a Fall/Winter person. 🎃 I get cranky in hot and humid weather.🥵