Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/10/19

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had one tonight for supper - creamed chipped dried beef. It's been so long since I've made it myself I was swooning over the roux. I had forgotten what good butter and flour tasted like. It reminded me of a cookie.

I love meatloaf and mashed potatoes, too.

When I'm sick, any kind of soup will do, especially chicken and noodle and chicken and rice. When I was sick for five months with pneumonia, I lived on soup and ice cream. The doctor said that was okay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm not feeling well (which luckily is not often) I always go for chicken soup or a nice thick piece of toast.
you always go for chicken soup or a nice thick piece of toast, when you're not feeling well!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

i love bread -- good bread, rolls, buns, etc! for me, they're a comfort. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza or cookies. Sometimes a cheddar or Swiss grilled cheese sandwich with slices of bell peppers.
your favorite comfort foods are pizza, cookies, and sometimes a cheddar or swiss grilled cheese sandwich with slices of bell peppers!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

that sounds interesting, a cheddar or swiss grilled cheese sandwich with slices of bell peppers! :think: i've never tried bell peppers in a grilled cheese sandwich, and will have to try that once bell peppers come back in season here. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In cold weather, it's chili con carne, while in hot weather, it's hot dogs on the grill.
your favorite comfort foods are chili con carne in the cold weather, and hot dogs on the grill in the hot weather months!!! :clap: really excellent!! :D

mmmm......grilled hot dogs! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate, bread, potato, cheese, pasta, corn, tomato and rice.
your favorite comfort foods are chocolate, bread, potato, cheese, pasta, corn, tomato, and rice!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :agree:

i love tomatoes, and tomato based products! everything from fresh tomatoes, to canned diced, to pasta sauce, to sun dried, to ketchup. :yummy:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your favorite comfort foods are chili con carne in the cold weather, and hot dogs on the grill in the hot weather months!!! :clap: really excellent!! :D

mmmm......grilled hot dogs! :redheartpump:
I don't know where you are located, but here in western NY, the gold standard for hot dogs is Sahlen's, with Weber's Horseradish mustard.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Macaroni cheese, I don't have enough of it though! Carbonara is a close second followed by toad in the hole.
Chicken soup, pumpkin soup (especially in cold weather), porridge (great for winter breakfasts), fish pie, cottage pie, English breakfast, Jacket potato and toasties.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I crave my mom's chicken ala king.

Grilled cheese with Campbells Tomato Soup
Mac and Cheese
Cheeseburger
French Fries
Scrambled eggs
your favorite comfort foods are your mom's chicken ala king, grilled cheese with Campbell's tomato soup, mac and cheese, a cheeseburger, french fries, and scrambled eggs!!! :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

scrambled eggs...yummm! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite food in the whole world is homemade tacos, I could eat them every day and often do. Grilled cheese with hot pepper flakes would be second! I love a hot bowl of homemade potato soup too, with celery and onion, geez, now I'm hungry again!
homemade tacos are your favorite food, with grilled cheese with hot pepper flakes being second!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i haven't tried grilled cheese with hot pepper flakes -- that sounds good! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mac and cheese
Beef pot pie
Spaghetti with a really good pasta sauce
A tuna salad sandwich
French fries
Chocolate
your favorites are mac and cheese, beef pot pie, spaghetti with a really good pasta sauce, a tuna salad sandwich, french fries, and chocolate!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

i love a really good pasta sauce, too! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate, Mac and cheese. Spaghetti. Ice cream. Grilled cheese. None of which I can have now except for a very small amount i.e 1/2 cup mac and cheese.
your favorite comfort foods are chocolate, mac and cheese, spaghetti, ice cream, and grilled cheese!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i'm sorry you aren't able to have those any longer, except for 1/2 cup of mac and cheese. :hugs:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first comfort food that comes to mind is homemade cornbread. Once winter starts and the temps dip into the single digits or below I crave carbs and like to bake too.
your favorite comfort food is homemade cornbread!!! :clap: a wonderful choice!! :D

it's been a very long time since i've made a batch of cornbread. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molasses cookies, homemade leek and lentil soup, potato and sausage casserole. The casserole is SO easy, here is a quick recipe. Chop half a beef ring sausage and mix into a package of Betty Crocker AuGratin Potato mix, prepared as directions on the box. Mix in a quarter cup cheddar cheese and bake.
your favorites are molasses cookies, homemade leek and lentil soup, and potato and sausage casserole!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

thank you for sharing the potato and sausage casserole recipe! :yess: that sounds like it would taste really good. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For comfort food it would be baked macaroni and cheese or pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.

When I don't feel well it would be chicken noodle soup and 7up soda. When I was a kid we didn't keep soda in the house but when someone was sick 7up was bought so I equate 7up with something to drink when I am sick.
baked macaroni and cheese or pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy are your favorite comfort foods!!! and when you don't feel well, it's chicken noodle soup and 7up soda! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i remember being given 7up when i was a kid when not feeling well. also, i remember being given flat coca-cola.