Question Of The Day, Sunday, 1/6/19

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Celery, carrots, tofu and there is no way I'm putting Rocky Mountain Oysters (bull/hog testicles) in my mouth. (and yes, some people love them). Had octopus and rattlesnake once, didn't like it.

Unlike you micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , I love liver. Especially, grilled baby beef liver with bacon and portabella mushrooms.

Forgot lemon. Anything that has anything to do with lemon.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Kidney. I was given steak and kidney pie as a child and vomited. I find the taste appalling. I've mainly vegetarian now so it doesn't really matter, but, yuck!
And I've never eaten an oyster.. how people can eat something that looks like a big boogie is beyond me! I'm allergic to shellfish anyway.:D

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love all veggies except eggplant and yam. I've never had a tripe I liked either.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Liver, clams, oysters, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, eggplant, zucchini, yellow summer squash, sushi (aka- bait), calamari, Rocky Mountain oysters, turnips, or parsnips.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kidney. I was given steak and kidney pie as a child and vomited. I find the taste appalling. I've mainly vegetarian now so it doesn't really matter, but, yuck!
And I've never eaten an oyster.. how people can eat something that looks like a big boogie is beyond me! I'm allergic to shellfish anyway.:D
Oysters are vile. I have tried them and they are just gross. You're not missing anything.

miagi's_mommy miagi's_mommy I like eggplant too. I like to slice it thin, fry it until crispy and melt cheese on top. Sauce on the side so it stays crispy. A sort of deconstructed eggplant parmesan. I don't like it when it's mushy.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*Milk, it smells BAD to me, even fresh from the store.
*Oysters/Sushi, bait, bait, bait. Tried it 6 different times, still tastes like bait!
*Rocky Mountain Oysters, watched where those came from YUCK!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My list is similar.

Cooked or raw greens, except spinach.

Rutabagas, turnips, and beets. Leeks and cooked cauliflower. Can just barely tolerate brussel sprouts and am getting very tired of cooked broccoli. Broccoli is in dozens of frozen meals.

Any kind of milk except whole. Can't drink any juices, especially grapefruit juice (which I love), due to medication.

And some things in the stores I've never tried or don't know how to cook like tomatillos and spaghetti squash.
a very nice group of food dislikes!!! :clap:

ahhh, another who loves whole milk!! :D and you reminded me, that i don't like leeks either.

you might just like spaghetti squash. i tried it many years ago, and it's really very tasty! :agree: and it's easy to cook, too. you just cut the spaghetti squash in half -- stem to stern ways, scoop out the seeds with a spoon (being careful not to start scraping out the flesh, too), place the two halves face down in a baking pan, add maybe a half inch of water, then into a 400 degrees F oven until done -- depends on the size of the squash (and type of squash -- this method works for roasting acorn, butternut, and buttercup squash too!) how long it takes to cook. i'd start checking (use a fork to pierce the squash skin and into the flesh) for doneness at about 30 minutes. once a fork easily pokes through, take it out of the oven. i move the squash halves to a cutting board, then use a fork to 'rake'/pull the cooked strands out. the strands 'wrap' around the squash horizontally, and you'll get longer strands by 'raking' them out going in that direction.

if it's too hard to cut the squash in half, you can also cook it whole -- Trust Us, This is the Best Way to Cook Spaghetti Squash and then slice the whole squash in half, and 'rake' the strands. instructions for roasting a whole spaghetti squash are in 'Recipe Notes', just below the recipe on that webpage.

my usual way of eating spaghetti squash is with pasta sauce (with or without meat), and a little parmesan cheese. it really is quite good! :yummy: some folks like to add some butter and salt/pepper, and enjoy it that way. and there are all sorts of other ways to use it, too! like lasagna-stuffed spaghetti squash.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
giblets
cooked cow udder (I tried it once … but never again)
you don't like giblets and cooked cow udder!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

yup, i don't like giblets either. :headshake: adding giblets to the gravy at Thanksgiving ruins the gravy for me. i do cook them, chop them up, and give them to my cats, though -- they love the giblets! :kneading:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that 2% or skim milk just like colored water. Because of health I am advised not to drink whole milk so I have been drinking soy or almond milk.

As far as other things I just won't eat

saurkraut (aka spoiled cabbage),
buttermilk (aka spoiled milk)
mustard greens - (Other greens I like either cooked or raw)
anchovies -just disgusting
Any kind of lettuce - I will eat it but it is just water held together with green stuff - no nutritional value. I use spinach in salads if I use greens at all.

I will eat pretty much anything else in the "normal" range that you find at grocery stores.
you don't like sauerkraut, buttermilk, mustard greens, anchovies, and lettuce!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

anchovies......:nono:

i really like using spinach in salads, too!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't like pickles, mustard, lettuce, celery, beetroot, fruit cake and coconut water.
you don't like pickles, mustard, lettuce, celery, beetroot, fruitcake, and coconut water!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

the fruit cake that i've tried, i really didn't like. i keep thinking that maybe i just need to find the right recipe. in reality, the candied fruit would have to 'go', though.

i've made cakes that use canned fruit in them, and that are somewhat like fruit cake, and i do like them. i think it's the candied fruit that i just don't like. :agree:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even count liver as food. It's just vile. I can taste one part liver in a thousand spicy parts of other things. I'd rather starve.

I don't like any organ meats. The taste of blood is too metallic.

No canned asparagus. It tastes like rotten pond scum. Fresh is lovely.

Buttermilk is good milk gone bad. Ick! Don't waste my time with skim milk. I'll take regular water.

I love oysters any way you serve them. Raw on the half-shell are wonderful. I've plucked them right off the reef, pried them open, and slurped them down.

I always fear I'll go somewhere for dinner and they'll serve all of the above. What to do? Feign illness (I'm sure I'd really be sick), I guess.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Liver, beets, Lima beans, and Limburger cheese

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything containing hard boiled eggs
Green bell peppers or anything containing them. You can pick them out but the flavor remains.
Bananas
Cilantro
Ketchup. It masks the flavor of anything it touches
Anchovies
Canned tuna served warm or hot so no tuna melts or tuna casserole.
Offal
Cheesecake
Milk chocolate
Brussel sprouts
Turnips
Kiwi
Tres leches cake. I'm not a cake fan in general but cake should NOT be wet.
there are quite a few foods that you dislike!!! :thumbsup: it's always good to know which foods we don't like!! :agree:

i once made a King Ranch Casserole. it had green bell pepper in it. all i tasted was that. :barf: after that, i almost always use sweet bell peppers of other colors -- orange, red, yellow. i do use green bell peppers for making stuffed peppers still, because once they're baked their 'can be very intense' flavor becomes very......subtle, understated -- at least as part of stuffed peppers. and i still like green bell peppers raw, in salad or with a little salad dressing as dip.