Question Of The Day. Saturday The 13th Of January

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles had a not so graceful moment last night.

Our couch has a chaise lounge at one end and an end table at the other. I forgot I'd left a bowl on the end table when I put the kids to bed. There was also a lego house DS had built on the edge and just below that a bin of stuffed animals and some balloons leftover from DD's birthday.

Well my little scavenger found that bowl and in her fervor to lick it clean she knocked the bowl down along with lego house and went down with it herself. She landed on the balloons and stuffed animals. Somehow they didn't pop! But getting out of that situation she also went backward out of the stuffed animal bin and landed on her butt.

The whole thing took less time than it would have taken me to get up and over there. She was fine. Nothing injured but her pride. :bluecat: And the lego house. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Boris Diamond I love the pawprint in the cake! Awesome! (I usually tell my kids that they're lucky they're so cute after they've done something.)

@Draco many years ago, we had company and we were all sitting in the living room chatting. Banshee was very young at the time and she was always getting into trouble of one kind or another. Well, we're all sitting and chatting and suddenly, Banshee comes running into the living room, with one of my bras in her mouth. She got to the center of the living room floor, tripped over my bra, went butt over head, and got tangled. Rick said he never saw my face so red. I got up, separated cat and bra, and took the bra back to the bedroom. That was one of those times, I told the Queen B she was lucky she was so cute.

This morning, Rick and The Beast were outside. I had fed the girls and Mollipop had finished her breakfast. (I put canned food on her plate, followed by some dry kibble because she likes her canned food to be "decorated". She won't eat it until I sprinkle some kibble over top.) Molli finished her breakfast, walked over to The Beast's bowl, stood up on her hind legs with her front legs on the bowl stand, and proceeded to eat dog food (I didn't see her because I was doing stuff at the sink). Jackie came back in the house, Rick dried her paws off and she bounded up the steps to the kitchen. I had forgotten to open the gate. Poor Jackie stuck her head through the gate, and chuffed at Molli. I looked over and Molli was chowing down. Jackie was not amused. I shooed Molli away, opened the gate, and Jackie came charging through. She looked at her bowl, looked at Molli in the living room, chuffed at her again, and dug into her breakfast. I swear Molli was grinning.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning, Rick and The Beast were outside. I had fed the girls and Mollipop had finished her breakfast. (I put canned food on her plate, followed by some dry kibble because she likes her canned food to be "decorated". She won't eat it until I sprinkle some kibble over top.) Molli finished her breakfast, walked over to The Beast's bowl, stood up on her hind legs with her front legs on the bowl stand, and proceeded to eat dog food (I didn't see her because I was doing stuff at the sink). Jackie came back in the house, Rick dried her paws off and she bounded up the steps to the kitchen. I had forgotten to open the gate. Poor Jackie stuck her head through the gate, and chuffed at Molli. I looked over and Molli was chowing down. Jackie was not amused. I shooed Molli away, opened the gate, and Jackie came charging through. She looked at her bowl, looked at Molli in the living room, chuffed at her again, and dug into her breakfast. I swear Molli was grinning.
:flail: Poor puppers. :lol:

2 of my cats growing up would steal dog treats or food. Once I bought a box of small dog bones for our first dog and I had it in my bedroom. Glory and Tiger always slept with me with the door shut. One night I heard all this rustling and then crunching. Glory had gotten into them and was having herself a midnight snack. :lol: Tiger would go for the dog kibble if she was hungry and they didn't have food left. We free fed back then so that wasn't TOO often. She also stole a whole raw hamburger off the table. I miss those 2!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that would be our Punky, playing with a leather toy mouse! she's just sooo cute when she's playing. :redheartpump: she runs and jumps, and all the while she makes an endless series of 'Mrrr...Mrrrr's' :lol:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@Boris Diamond I love the pawprint in the cake! Awesome! (I usually tell my kids that they're lucky they're so cute after they've done something.)

@Draco many years ago, we had company and we were all sitting in the living room chatting. Banshee was very young at the time and she was always getting into trouble of one kind or another. Well, we're all sitting and chatting and suddenly, Banshee comes running into the living room, with one of my bras in her mouth. She got to the center of the living room floor, tripped over my bra, went butt over head, and got tangled. Rick said he never saw my face so red. I got up, separated cat and bra, and took the bra back to the bedroom. That was one of those times, I told the Queen B she was lucky she was so cute.

:flail::crackup:I'm sorry, Pam, but the bra one...OMG! You must have been mortified!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:goldstar:Have you ever watched a cat enter a room with "an unknown item" on the floor? I watched my beloved TAZ jump 3 feet in the air, becaused I dropped a sock on the way to the laundry room!!! I think he saw it MOVE???

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:goldstar:Have you ever watched a cat enter a room with "an unknown item" on the floor? I watched my beloved TAZ jump 3 feet in the air, becaused I dropped a sock on the way to the laundry room!!! I think he saw it MOVE???
YES!!

When we were first married we lived in a TINY 3 room apartment - so small you had to sit on the bed to open the dresser drawers. My first cat, Sebastian, would race through the apartment hell bent for leather, and once he jumped onto the bed, landing on an empty glove laying palm-up. He jumped straight into the air, terrified, landed BACK ON THE GLOVE, jumped up again, legs pinwheeling, landed NEXT TO THE GLOVE and took off like a shot. He looked like a cartoon!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:angel3:Max was on the prowl last night and woke me by running into the sliding glass door when he saw a fieldmouse outside...he decided he scared the beast away, saving me! He cuddled in my arms and we SAFELY fell asleep.