Question of the Day, Saturday, September 9

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you still have your yearbooks from high school?

We lost all our yearbooks during Hurricane Agnes in 1972. It does bother me sometimes, because I'll see somebody from school and then I'd like to see their senior picture and we don't have the yearbooks.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do, though IDK why I keep it. Not the best time of my life, I'm not friends with anyone from that time period and my yearbook photo is utterly awful. Yet can't seem to chuck it in the trash.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I only got one for senior year but I do still have it as well as my college one. Our local library has all of the high school ones scanned and available online. I have my mother's 1950 high school yearbook packed away somewhere as well.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have my junior and senior high school yearbooks. Not often but from time to time I will look someone up and read the messages people wrote to me.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but they're at my dad's house still so I couldn't grab one right this minute

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes I bought one 3 years in high school and in 8th and 6th grades. DH’s senior yearbook is with them on our big bookshelves too. I’ve shown them to our kids and they were very amused! My DH’s hair was the best part I think. ;)

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have my Sophomore, Junior and Senior Yearbooks. I occasionally look at the Senior book. None of the 686 graduates likely live nearby as I graduated from a High School in Maryland.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have every yearbook from kindergarten all the way through my senior year. Well they are at my momma and daddy's house. In fact a lot of things from when I was younger (school age) are kept at my parents house.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do, though IDK why I keep it. Not the best time of my life, I'm not friends with anyone from that time period and my yearbook photo is utterly awful. Yet can't seem to chuck it in the trash.
You must have read my mind because this was going to be my exact answer. No idea why I still keep it. I don't live anywhere near where I grew up so there's like a 0% chance that I'd run into any of them and I likely wouldn't recognize them or even care to if I did.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have the four from my high school years. I also have several from when I was the yearbook advisor when I taught middle school long ago and far away.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the 3 yearbooks I bought in high school (I didn't get one my sophomore or junior year) and I also have 3 from middle school. They are all stored in a large tote that is essentially my primary school memory box. I wish I had kept my elementary school ones, but I was a little jerk as a kid and drew on the pictures of kids and teachers I didn't like.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a few, but there are probably more floating around.
Here's a video yearbook for anyone who went to school between 1900 and 2010. Pretty cool video TBH.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No,unfortunately they got lost many years ago.I did find the yearbooks on classmates,so I can go and look thru them anytime I want.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only have 1 from senior year. I never look at it.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. I have the one from senior year, and I have a little booklet from Jr. High (there was no middle school back then).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, when I moved my dad and me, (at the same time); I mistakenly threw out a box of books, and it contained my High school yearbook. There have been so many times, I wished I still had it..