Question of the Day, Saturday, Oct 7

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you like Pumpkin Spice? Do you think they've gone too far with Pumpkin Spice? What are your thoughts?

It's only the beginning of October and I'm already tired of hearing about Pumpkin Spice. I don't like flavored coffees or teas. I don't want it in my ice cream. Put it in a pumpkin pie or in pumpkin bars and let it go! But that's just me. OTOH, Dear Richard loves Pumpkin Spice. I guess it's like politics. :lol:

What about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the traditional pumpkin spice baked goods, pie, bread, muffins but that is it. They have pumpkin spice everything now and I am not interested in all that.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes and yes.

I used to enjoy it more but they’ve overdone it for sure. I think I get myself about one pumpkin spice coffee every year but not until its cool. I mean I will get it again if I’m getting a coffee and I want to; but it seems I don’t need it all season to be satisfied. Its not special like it used to be.

Some of the seasonal stuff is great! My kids like the pumpkin breakfast bread. I used to freeze a few loaves for after it was out of season.

I like pumpkin baked goods; but don’t overdo the spices. I like the scented stuff too. But that also doesn’t need to be super strong. I think a lot of the fall products have been stronger than I prefer.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
They have gone overboard with Pumpkin Spice. It is in everything and everywhere you look. I do not mink a bit of it, on occasion, in some baked goods; and not go too much spice.
I think it is the cinnamon and nutmeg, with a bit of cloves which is overdoing things. Give me a good Chai Tea, any day....

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to enjoy it more but they’ve overdone it for sure.
Yep. I love most things pumpkin spice but some things need to be left alone. I got some pumpkin spice English muffins--weird.

And someone sent me these one year. I'm not a fan of candy corn to begin with but pumpkin spice flavor? :barf:

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 8.49.50 AM.png

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep. I love most things pumpkin spice but some things need to be left alone. I got some pumpkin spice English muffins--weird.

And someone sent me these one year. I'm not a fan of candy corn to begin with but pumpkin spice flavor? :barf:

View attachment 461091
I think I've had those english muffins and the were ok with almond butter. I like squash as a savory thing and in baked goods and that's technically what pumpkin is... but gosh come on. The spices seem to be over the top.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like pumpkin flavor in my coffee but I love anything pumpkin in baked goods. And, yes, the pumpkin spice frenzy has worn out it's welcome. :nono:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 461091
I got some homemade pumpkin (not sure about spice) English muffins from our farmer's market and I have them with pumpkin butter (also from the farmer's market) and regular butter and they're delicious.

But let's be honest, I even bought these pajamas for my toddler. So I'm a bit biased.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Pumpkin Spice everything, especially cappuccino. I saw that Pumpkin Spice Cheese at Aldi today & I'm definitely going back for it. The reason we go crazy for it is because they take it away so quick! It's only around for a little while, so we need to take it while we can.