Question of the Day, Saturday, August 26

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Name something that you have to stand on tiptoe or use a stool to reach in your house.

Our toaster is in the cabinet above the fridge. If Rick isn't around, I need to stand on a chair to get it down. Same with my most-used crockpot. In the bathroom, when I change bedsheets, I need a small stool to get to the shelves with the bedsheets.

What about you? Anything?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The spare rolls of toilet paper on the shelf in the loo. I usually have to stand on the toilet seat to reach them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The small cupboards over the refrigerator. I only put things I occasionally use there.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Name something that you have to stand on tiptoe or use a stool to reach in your house.

Our toaster is in the cabinet above the fridge. If Rick isn't around, I need to stand on a chair to get it down. Same with my most-used crockpot. In the bathroom, when I change bedsheets, I need a small stool to get to the shelves with the bedsheets.

What about you? Anything?
Pretty much everything -from many spices to cat food cases to cleaning products,bathroom supplies- bedspreads,sheets,towels- it's ridiculous being 5' TALL,lol

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We try not to store anything too high up anymore. Climbing on a stepstool can be dangerous at our ages LOL

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The cabinet above the stove where I store canned goods. But I usually just ask DH to get them down. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Second shelf and up of kitchen cabinets; upper shelves in any of the closets. I literally have a step stool in every room because they are needed on almost a daily basis.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a step stool sitting in front of the pantry because I can't reach the back of the two upper shelves without it. I also have an old ottoman in my closet because I can't reach the top shelves without it.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a problem changing ceiling light bulbs, standing on a chair was too much stretching, standing on a table was awkward, so I bought a tripod ladder…and noticed that bulbs don’t burn any longer.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is the top shelf of my hallway closet because it's deep. I can reach the stuff at the top as long as it's not all the way back. Otherwise I'd need a stool. My house is a 1960 rambler so it doesn't have high ceilings (and I can touch the ceiling in the basement).

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd probably need to for a lot more, but my youngest son still lives in the house, and he's 5'11" so I frequently call on him to "please get [item] down for me" or "please change the lightbulbs in the kitchen" or whatever. Without him, yeah, I'd be needing my stepladder for a lot of things.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a problem changing ceiling light bulbs, standing on a chair was too much stretching, standing on a table was awkward, so I bought a tripod ladder…and noticed that bulbs don’t burn any longer.
The life of a short person. I have to have a whole set of step stools and ladders. The ones for each room are small, one foot high and can help me reach most things in cubboards and lower shelves. Then there is a lightweight aluminum two-step step ladder for upper cabinets and top closet shelves. And then there is a tall heavy one with an upper railing to hang onto while doing things like changing light bulbs. Plus I also have a couple “grabbers” which help me get things down.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd probably need to for a lot more, but my youngest son still lives in the house, and he's 5'11" so I frequently call on him to "please get [item] down for me" or "please change the lightbulbs in the kitchen" or whatever. Without him, yeah, I'd be needing my stepladder for a lot of things.
When my son was here I did the same. He's 6'6". Now, if it's not important I'll just wait for him to stop by.
I'm only 5'5", so I pretty much need a stool for everything. Except the coffee pot. Made sure I could reach that easily.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The life of a short person. I have to have a whole set of step stools and ladders. The ones for each room are small, one foot high and can help me reach most things in cubboards and lower shelves. Then there is a lightweight aluminum two-step step ladder for upper cabinets and top closet shelves. And then there is a tall heavy one with an upper railing to hang onto while doing things like changing light bulbs. Plus I also have a couple “grabbers” which help me get things down.
My shorty sister!Same here-the grabbers too,lol Nice to know I've got a twin 👭