Question of the day. Saturday 8th of November.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning. 

Today's question is What's your guilty pleasure? 

Mine is putting a little shot of whisky or rum in my morning coffee when the weather is cold. I never do this in the spring or summer, but at this time of year it's so good.

I usually start work at 5 pm and I don't drive, so a little bit of alcohol on a cold morning doesn't do any harm and it's a great way to warm you up before you start on the housework.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could see how that would be nice.

TCS may be my biggest guilty pleasure right now.  I gave up a game I was playing regularly on my kindle.  It got so it felt like it was a time waste instead of a way to relax like it had been.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hong Kong martial arts films, especially ones without "wire fu" (though I am looking forward to seeing Donnie Yen in "Green Destiny").

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ruffles-and American Horror Story

I love Jessica Lange-Angela Basset-Kathy Bates and horror...

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Online shopping and window shopping. I do it all the time when I should be doing work, and I feel the guilt (not buyer's remorse, but "I could have saved that money/spent it on food, etc.") afterwards. It's hard to manage since I often try to pay in cash in person so I feel the tangible loss of currency, whereas I can throw money at my credit cards and not feel or realize a thing because it's all digital and in theory, it's all imaginary... just like money. Except we all have the same imagination of money, so I can't exactly tell myself it's not of any worth.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vegging out on the couch watching mindless TV and often falling asleep.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Vegging out on the couch watching mindless TV and often falling asleep.
I used to do this every day after work.  Almost the first thing I'd do after getting home was change into pjs and make my way to the couch; where Mooch would jump up and lay on top of me.  Bliss!  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Going to bed early with the cats and a good book under the electric blanket. Last night, I was in bed by 8:00 with five cats and my Nook (Amber Louise hardly ever comes back to the bed early in the night). I never even turned the tv on.

Rick said he came to bed and couldn't find me for the cats! They were all over me and cuddled right next to me. He tried to pull back the covers on his side of the bed and BooBoo growled at him. He said Tabby woke up and glared and muttered at him for disturbing her. He thought about just going back out to the couch and sleeping there, but the electric blanket was turned on and the bed was warmer. So he braved the cats and crawled in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I used to do this every day after work.  Almost the first thing I'd do after getting home was change into pjs and make my way to the couch; where Mooch would jump up and lay on top of me.  Bliss!  
I really envy you people who are allowed to relax as soon as you get home. My cats will never allow me to do that. There are always food and water bowls to be filled, litter boxes to be cleaned, cat treats to be dealt out, general destruction to be tidied up........

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really envy you people who are allowed to relax as soon as you get home. My cats will never allow me to do that. There are always food and water bowls to be filled, litter boxes to be cleaned, cat treats to be dealt out, general destruction to be tidied up........
Those days are long gone now! I miss them sometimes! Mooch does too. I snuggle with her after the kids are in bed at night.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
On a rainy day when I'm not working, switching the phone to silent, getting out some old who-dunnits or sci-fi movies, knitting and drinking tea with lots of honey.

Now that I've read that I've realised that I morph into my 83 year old Auntie!