Question Of The Day, Saturday 6th Of July.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello. :hellocat:

What are the highlights of your day?

I have two. The first one is my afternoon tea break. The earlier part of my day is usually filled with house work, cat duties, yoga and preparing for work. From 5 pm I start work and don't usually get any breaks until I finish.

Afternoon tea break usually happens around 4 pm. All the chores are done and I have a bit of quiet time before I have to start work. If the weather is nice I sit out on the deck with a mug of tea and watch the cats play or listen to the birds singing. The light is perfect at that time, I occasionally see deer going past too.

:happycat:

The second highlight is after I finish work when I can take a hot bath. I've always got a choice of bath salts and bubble baths handy, it's a great way to unwind at the end of the day.

:cloud9:

How about you, what do you look forward to every day?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cooking, especially when there's a holiday or such coming up that I get to plan a little something extra special

Sitting on the back deck, definitely :) watching hummingbirds and other birds, butterflies galore this year, the garden growing, green grass and Big Poppy-cat enjoying himself during his supervised backyard time.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the highlight of my day was weeding. Yes, truly. I've had to avoid yard work for the past couple of years due to surgeries, and only now can I get back in the yard, and it's a jungle. I yanked and sprayed the thistles on one side of the house today. It's either been raining or too hot since April for me to do anything. Today it was in the 80s F and it was actually pleasant out there. I'm hoping this weather will hold for a few more days.

And of course, when I came in, I had to have a couple of G&Ts. That was pleasant, too.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
That first cup of tea, soaking in the tub, seeing my girls every morning, reading on the deck, watching the hummers and butterflies. I have more his year than ever before. So much more.....:clap:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On an average day, my highlights are the end of my work shift and when I can sit for the evening. After a really long day, that first moment you crawl into bed and take that first "I'm relaxing" breath and sink into the pillow is always a good feeling too.
One other thing, is when I've just complete a task at home and I stand back and look at my results. I sometimes think I have a problem, especially when it comes to reorganizing closets/pantry. I have actually, on a few occasions, gone back (a few times), just to look again at how organized it all is. Seriously, who gets excited about an organized closet??

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's always a highlight of my day, snuggling with and spending time with my cats! also, when i've got all the chores, tasks i've planned for the day completed.

i reorganize my closets about once a year. after i've got them reorganized, i'll open them and stand there taking a look at them -- it's satisfying.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I look forward to DH getting home from work and sitting down to read. That can come at any time though. I try not to let myself open a good book until I've gotten things accomplished; but sometimes you just need a break!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snuggling with Lilith is a high point of every day. I was playing a game on my Kindle Fire and she was snuggled up to me. She cannot get close enough. I have a blanket there for her to lay her head on but she insists that she be up against me at all times.

Making and enjoying the perfect cup of coffee is a highlight to any day too.

Getting the email that the new phones I ordered for DD and me have shipped. DD is very excited. I already ordered 4 cases for mine. :rolleyes2:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
On an average day, my highlights are the end of my work shift and when I can sit for the evening. After a really long day, that first moment you crawl into bed and take that first "I'm relaxing" breath and sink into the pillow is always a good feeling too.
One other thing, is when I've just complete a task at home and I stand back and look at my results. I sometimes think I have a problem, especially when it comes to reorganizing closets/pantry. I have actually, on a few occasions, gone back (a few times), just to look again at how organized it all is. Seriously, who gets excited about an organized closet??
I do. I love to organize things, especially my pantry!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
especially when it comes to reorganizing closets/pantry.
A problem, yep, definitely here when it takes me an hour to figure out what the heck neatly organized thing I did with such-and-such item LOL

So, back to the original thread thought, a couple more things I look forward to are the results of cleaning house, granted not necessarily daily although some aspects of it are, and I love seeing The Big Poppy-cat eat. He's finicky, I'm a nurturer, and also he just got over being sick (with the unfortunately typical somewhat unidentifiable digestive system Thing), so him eating with gusto is even more delightful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Seriously, who gets excited about an organized closet??
Me! I Kon Maried my closets a few months ago and it is seriously the most rewarding thing I've done in a long time. It's so nice opening a drawer and having all your clothes lined up, easy to find.

:bliss:

hot sauce with dinner
You love your hot sauce, don't you? :lol: What is it, like a Tabasco sauce or something?

after i've got them reorganized, i'll open them and stand there taking a look at them -- it's satisfying.
Yep, I do that too.

:thumbsup:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My afternoon coffee break, which is combined with Mowgli's daily clicker training session, is always a highlight. I also really enjoy taking one of the shelter dogs, a Podenco named Fuga, for a long walk in the morning. She's not only great on the leash, but notices wildlife everywhere, so I get to see a lot I wouldn't notice myself.