Question Of The Day, Saturday 3rd Of August.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

What's the worst thing your cat has done lately?

Mine are usually better behaved, or at least they appear better behaved in the warmer months. I think this is partly because it's too hot for mischief, partly because they're out in their enclosure so all fights, murders, coughing up of hairballs and acts of destruction go largely unnoticed.

Freya outdid herself this morning though. I opened the upstairs window and she went out onto the bathroom roof, which they can get to from there. It's gently sloping so lots of pine needles and leaves cover the roof. Freya decided that this would make an excellent alternative to cat litter. The first thing I noticed was liquid dripping from the roof.

"Freya, are you peeing!?"
"Meow!"

Next there was a distinct.......odour.

"Freya, you didn't!"

By the time I got upstairs with the broom there were already flies circling. :cloudy:
I had to quickly brush everything off the roof then go back down and bury the offending items.

So, using the roof as a litter box. Can anyone beat that?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie really hasn't done anything lately, but Selene recently discovered that she can jump from the couch to the top of the bookcase, and from there walk onto the curtain rod. Each time, things go the same way-she walks to the end of the rod, panics when she realizes she can't turn around, and winds up falling off. I'm so worried she'll injure herself. I'm open to ideas for stopping this, because I'm stumped.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been quite hot here lately, so i've had the AC on. so my three haven't had much 'sitting in the windows smelling fresh air' time. our little DeeDee :dancingblackcat: has been trying to play a little more roughly with Punky, which Punky has limited patience with.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie really hasn't done anything lately, but Selene recently discovered that she can jump from the couch to the top of the bookcase, and from there walk onto the curtain rod. Each time, things go the same way-she walks to the end of the rod, panics when she realizes she can't turn around, and winds up falling off. I'm so worried she'll injure herself. I'm open to ideas for stopping this, because I'm stumped.
~ Install a small shelf above the curtain rod.

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nilah has discovered that Sundar's renal diet is quite tasty, so she leaves hers, (it's in an automatic dispenser only she can open), and scoffs his, then eats hers at her leisure. It took me a while to work out why Sundar was following me around meowing plaintively.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My Vincie girl took off one day a few weeks ago. She usually stays in the yard or decks. or the other neighbor's yard. I couldn't find her and with her being deaf and bad eyesight, I was frantic. I looked for her but couldn't find her. I finally called the police and they were going to look for her but right then she came around the corner of the deck. Now she's not allowed out by herself.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan . Peeing on the roof. Now that sounds.....interesting? :flail: I've never realized a cat would pee on a roof.

JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia Excellent idea!

My M & Ms go at it every chance they get. Every single morning. They never got along, they don't get along, and they never will get along. I can envision them in 15 years, toothless and arthritic. And still circling each other and screaming. "Mom! She's looking at me!"

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than the usual rambunctious play that sometimes leads to things getting knocked over, or one of our boys bringing me his toy at 2-3 AM every morning to play:rolleyes3:, nothing has really happened that's new.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About a month or two ago Tommy killed a squirrel on my deck. He usually comes inside at night but during the day he likes to be out side. That is when he goes after the squirrels and Blue Jays.

LadyButterfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About a week ago Sage caught a mouse and let the still live mouse loose on my bed while I was sleeping. I was awakened to Sage and the mouse running back and forth up and down my body. Needless to say, I got out of that bed pretty quick!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in January, the BF moved the fireplace screen away and went out to bring some wood in from the garage to start a fire. In the half minute the fireplace was 'accessible' Ruth went to check it out, she walked in, got on her back legs and reached up the back wall with her front legs and got her white belly, chest, and feet covered in soot. While she is super friendly, she doesn't like to be restrained (Bath would've resulted in blood loss on my part), she wouldn't even let me try to wipe it off with a washcloth, so she just had to clean herself off over the next 3 weeks or so. I know, soot is not the ideal thing for her to ingest, but that's just how it had to go. She just gets into everything that's newer different. One reason we call her Ruthless!

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow doesn’t really do anything too naughty - she is a very well behaved cat. But a few weeks ago I caught her sleeping in the closet again. She sneaks in but runs as soon as I open the door. Well this time she stayed put, even after I told her to get out and started pulling away the towels she was laying on. And then , again without moving an inch she gave me a big old loud hiss letting me know she had no intention of leaving. At that point I went to physically move her and she took off. This was the first time in eight years she has ever given me attitude about something. Naughty but quite a step forward for her.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year my BoBo (RIP) had really bad dementia before she passed away. So one morning my husband was sleeping in and all I hear is him scream BoBo REALLY! She had gotten confused and pooped on my husbands pillow which his head was laying on.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola normally wakes me up by sticking a paw in my face. This morning she something different. She gently bit me on my arms and face. I guess she thought I was sleeping in too long. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles jumped up on the table like a wrecking ball. I mean it was good because it told me she was feeling better. But I had my laptop open and all our new school books are up here.

Mooch hasn't really gotten into much trouble. Not being able to climb helps. ;) DS keeps asking for a kitten and that got me thinking how the house isn't prepared for kitteny hijinks and shenanigans right now. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton is the least mischievous cat we've ever had, don't get me wrong he's curious but doesn't really do anything wrong or get into trouble. The other day I was doing laundry and opened the dryer - he couldn't help himself and the next thing I knew his two front paws were up on the opening of the dryer. Luckily he didn't climb in. :nono: