Question of The Day. Saturday 30th of November

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning!

It's getting cold here, we've already had our first snow of the winter. Time to snuggle up on the couch with the kitties and a bowl of something warm and delicious.

What's you winter comfort food?

I like big bowls of soups and stews. Anything with potatoes in is good, but I like pumpkin soups, spinach curries and stews made with winter vegetables. What do you eat during the winter months?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like pasta, soups, hot sandwiches. I love big bowls of New England Clam Chowder and Chili. The food doesn't need to be
fancy, just good although, I could go for a classic fancy French meal weekly, followed by Bananas Foster.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pasta, Pizza, Grilled Sandwiches, Soup, Stir-fry. And of course my favorite-- Casseroles!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Soups, stews. A big pot of beef stew, or a Dutch oven of braised beef and noodles always work. I could have a meal of just mac and cheese. Chili, a good chowder. A roast chicken.

Chicken and waffles. Many moons ago, when my sister, brother, and I were just children, I remember snowy days when Mom made chicken and waffles. Dad would be up at the hospital, plowing snow, and when he came home and supper was ready, all was right in our world. To this day, chicken and waffles bring those times back.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Soups, stews. A big pot of beef stew, or a Dutch oven of braised beef and noodles always work. I could have a meal of just mac and cheese. Chili, a good chowder. A roast chicken.

Chicken and waffles. Many moons ago, when my sister, brother, and I were just children, I remember snowy days when Mom made chicken and waffles. Dad would be up at the hospital, plowing snow, and when he came home and supper was ready, all was right in our world. To this day, chicken and waffles bring those times back.
That combo sounds so good!!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade soup for sure. It's the time of year I pull out the crockpot or the Instantpot and make big batches so I can have some in the freezer for nights I don't feel like cooking. In fact, the turkey carcass will be put to good use today :yess:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Lots of things (I do love the taste of food!), but chili tops my list, too. It seems like the quintessential winter comfort food with its combination of heat—temperature and spiciness—and...heft.

It’s currently 27°F. I feel a pot of chili coming on! :)

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade soups : Hokkaido ; Butternut & red sweet pepper ; Zucchini & chervil ; Forest Mushroom ; Mushroom & andive,...
Quiches (not homemade) ; Spinach & goat cheese ; Forest mushrooms & bacon ; Ham & leek, Salmon & asparagus; ...

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I like soups...n stews...at nothing like a POT of homemade beef stew...with potatoes..carrots...n whatever else I throw in there...But nothing spicy...

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hot cereal on a chilly morning... and for dinner, the short list includes beef stew, homemade turkey soup, roast beef with homemade mashed potatoes & gravy, Yorkshire Pudding, Shepherd's Pie, homemade chili, homemade lasagna, all the things too heavy to eat in warmer weather. I'm not including my signature burrito mix, since I eat that year-round, nor am I including the standard holiday turkey or ham dinners which I also enjoy. Not sure if it counts, but I had another hot steaming mug of apple cider this morning, and that is darned good, LOL. I usually drink Twinings Tea on chilly mornings, especially on workday mornings when I need a little boost to get motivated, but hot apple cider is great on these lazy holiday mornings. 🥃

P.S. I don't drink hot cider out of a tumbler, but that emoji kinda looks like cider, LOL. :yess:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I crave carbs during the winter months and love to bake so it's either cornbread to go with veggie chili or desserts.