Question of The Day. Saturday 2nd of November

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A little late with my question today......

:running:

Do you watch a lot of YouTube? What channels do you like? Which ones do you subscribe too?

I don't have a TV, so if ever I feel like watching something I check out YouTube. I like documentaries, channels about animal behaviour and animal rescue and yoga channels.

One of my favourites is Omeleto They post short films and animation. Most of the videos are only 10 to 20 minutes long. Even I can concentrate for that amount of time!

I subscribe to a couple of yoga channels, but I try not to have too many on my list. If a teacher uploads a video I feel I have to do the practice as soon as I can. Not a problem if only one or two teachers upload a video every day, but what do I do if there are four or five new yoga videos? How will I ever have time to work!?

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
No, I use invidio.us to watch videos so technically I never use google's video streaming site at all, lol.

I greatly prefer print. My TV broke in 1996 and I didn't replace it.

Unfortunately, I DO enjoy the company of selected members of my own species and it is 2019 so it would be difficult to communicate without invidio.us and of course I check out the videos people recommend when I ask a question about Willow or sometimes just for fun.

I also have an account at Media Goblin for posting videos if I ever take any I want to share.

It really isn't that big of a deal.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't say I watch a lot of YouTube, but I'm there a couple of times a week checking out "how-to" or music videos, segments of news broadcasts, or occasionally some old TV shows that aren't available elsewhere.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do everything from pimple popping to Japanese manga. And lots of cat's obviously :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On average, I watch about 5 videos a day unless I am bored or I want to triple check how to do something. (I will watch a few videos to see if they all agree on how to do something.)

I subscribe to Karolina Żebrowska (aka Meme Mom), a Polish historical costumer with a hilarious sense of humor and a ton of talent.
A couple of my favorites from her:

I also subscribe to The Film Theorists, The Daily Show, and Jesse The Reader.

I do not subscribe to any channel that has it, but I watch "Adult Wednesday Addams" rather often.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watch quite a lot of YouTube. Yoga channels when I'm well enough to do yoga, and some chronic illness channels too. I also watch some film theory channels and various random stuff. Recently I've been enjoying historical medical documentaries. I go through phases of watching health documentaries too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly just watch music videos. Sometimes I will look for how-to videos, like how to pill a cat. I like product reviews too, where they show the actual product.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, not regularly anyway. I'll watch it sometimes for cat videos, to try and find a specific song or if I need a tutorial for something. But it's few and far between when I use it.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch YouTube videos pretty much every day. I guess I figure it's my guilty indulgence since I rarely watch TV. :wink:

I'm especially fond of how-to videos re: cooking, crafts, hairstyles, movie trailers or clips, product reviews, and how to clean or fix things around the house. Oh, say like the time Mr. Cheeser ruined the seasoning on my favorite cast iron skillet, and I had to strip it down and start all over. :gaah:

I also enjoy watching music reaction videos. It makes me insanely happy to see people experience a song and/or artist that has been near and dear to my heart over the years, but is brand new to them, such as Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Righteous Brothers, etc. I just love it when a new fan is born. :)

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A do watch a lot of YouTube and have my own channel: beyondsunrises Alice

My favourite YouTubers are Louise Pentland, Kathleen Lights and Niomi Smart. There are lots of others that I watch, but I couldn't remember all their names! :p
I watch a variety of videos but I enjoy the beauty and lifestyle ones the most.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get into it every once in awhile, usually when I want to see something in particular like how to do something, or particular music. I don't subscribe to anything.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I subscribe to a dozen or so channels. I love the videos of families with multiples, some cat channels like Kitten Lady or Kitten Academy and home improvement channels.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really only watch YouTube if I need help with homework, or like yesterday, I needed to figure out how to change the turn signal lights on my car. Sometimes I will watch videos that are a series of clips from my favorite show Castle.