Question Of The Day, Saturday 21st Of September.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 brothers (2 older, 1 younger)
We get along really well now that we are older, though I got picked on when I was a kid as the only girl.

1 lives on the border of NY/Vermont
1 lives down near NYC
1 lives in San Antonio, Texas, but has to fly to Germany & other countries during the week. He is a top executive and a little rich/fancy. His wife has a feral cat rescue.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 sisters and a brother. I'm the oldest. First sister is 2 years younger, other 10 years younger. Brother 6 years younger. We all live in the same state but scattered around it. Because of that we don't see each other as much as we'd like to; adding in work schedules and the like. I tend to see my brother the most as he's a bit closer than the other two and he doesn't mind making the drive to see me; he enjoys driving and riding his motorcycle so it's an excuse for him to get on the road.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
One brother, five years older, who lives in southern California. My mother said that when they brought me home from the hospital, my brother asked, “Do we have to keep it?” Set the tone for our entire relationship. Actually, we started getting along better the last few years of Mom’s life as we shared managing her care and finances.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four older brothers the eldest is 17 years older than me the youngest is 6years older. Bringing boyfriends home was a nightmare :insertevillaugh: but I still love them all .

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am the oldest. I have a brother in CA who has decided he does not want to communicate at all. (I live in GA) He did not come to my mother's funeral in March. My other brother and I are very close. I visit him in IN 2 or 3 times a year. My sister lives nearby and we have gotten closer
so I see her also when I make the trip.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am an only child, Interestingly, my wife is also an only child. Everything I have read says that an only child should never marry another only child; they say the marriage is doomed. Well, next month we celebrate 41 years of marriage. I guess we beat the odds. :biggrin:

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I am an only child, Interestingly, my wife is also an only child. Everything I have read says that an only child should never marry another only child; they say the marriage is doomed. Well, next month we celebrate 41 years of marriage. I guess we beat the odds. :biggrin:
My parents were both only children. They were married 63 years. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know an only child whose parents are both only children. The main thing is that it means he's the only grandchild on both sides, which kind of puts a lot of pressure on him!

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I know an only child whose parents are both only children. The main thing is that it means he's the only grandchild on both sides, which kind of puts a lot of pressure on him!
It also means that he doesn’t have aunts, uncles or cousins. My brother is the only family I have left, and neither of us has children. I know that having family doesn’t mean you’ll be close (witness my spouse’s family, none of whom he’s seen or talked to in more than 15 years), but I always wished I had more family.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It also means that he doesn’t have aunts, uncles or cousins. My brother is the only family I have left, and neither of us has children. I know that having family doesn’t mean you’ll be close (witness my spouse’s family, none of whom he’s seen or talked to in more than 15 years), but I always wished I had more family.
I do, too, @tobermorey. I had a LOT of extended family and there are still a lot of cousins, but I'm permanently estranged from my mom's side of the family--my choice, their bad -- and the ones on my father's side are all over the place, thousands of miles away. :sigh: