Question Of The Day. Saturday 21st Of October.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a friend who was a HA and I rode with them on occasion. They didn't swear often. They were lawyers and upstanding citizens. So, I don't buy the motorcycle language excuse.
OK. You busted me. Gold Wing riders don't use anything much stronger than "darn" or "fudge". However, I can say it with great inflection!

Our group has included two judges, some lawyers, police officers, a doctor or two, and all kinds of other folks. Good people, all.

What is HA?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overthinking and over-worrying, those there are my worst habits.
:yeah: In addition to which I'm pedantic.

I'm Perfect!:flail:
You are correct. Believing that you're perfect is, indeed, a serious fault.

Well, I'm glad two of you are.

We have a lot of potty mouths on TCS! Shame we're a family friendly site, we could start a favourite swear words thread.......

:lol2:
Except that they're too long to be satisfying swear words, I'm fond of "fewmets" (dragon scat) or "coprolites" (petrified dinosaur dung). Note: I stole "fewmets" from the Wrinkle in Time series, by Madeleine L'Engle.

To me, swearing involves invoking a Deity, not talking about human (or other animal) waste. We regularly talk about both private body parts and litter box issues on this site, using correct words, in relation to our cats, because we need to. Sometimes it can be hard to say where the line is when it comes to "bad" words.

Margret

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
impatience, mainly. the worst for me is keeping my cool, and handling the situation well, when i'm dealing with someone who isn't doing their job/doesn't want to do their job. i just have zero patience for that. i'm getting much better at reining in my irritation and not getting 'snippy' with them -- it's always to my benefit to handle things that way.

i do occasionally swear. well, i'll use derogatory names to describe people, though never to their faces. the occasional swearing happens when i get really frustrated with something, at which point i'll let out a lengthy string of swear words that could make a sailor blush. :paperbag:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In what way, with details or rules?
Mostly details, except when I'm involved in some kind of game and I'm feeling exceptionally competitive. That doesn't happen very often, though; mostly just when someone has insisted that I play a game I'd rather sit out. Ah, there's another fault. I'm a party-pooper. I'm more comfortable sitting at home, playing Sudoku or reading a good book.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Smoking. Never in my house, and only two a day, but I LOVE those two! I have them with my two cups of coffee in the morning, and just can't seem to give them up.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to solve everything. When people tell me about things they need to do or a problem, right away I tell them about how I do it, or something I read about it. A woman at my hairdresser's told me about a supplement she takes for migraines. Now I have to call my friend and tell her to try it. :2cents:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to always have to be right. Or is it that everyone else is so wrong? :dunno: I am always studying everything, doing research, and learning. Always reading. It really annoys people when I jump in with another point of view.....maybe I should say I NEED TO LEARN TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT! But it is so hard!!! :sigh: