Question Of The Day. Saturday 21st Of October.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello.

Easy question for you today; What are your worst habits?

I think my worst habit is swearing. I'm sure I've got lots of other bad habits too, but swearing is the first one that comes to mind.

;)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like a good old swear now and again :D but my most annoying habit is impatience. If I have arranged to meet someone at a certain time I am always there on time but I have a friend who is always late. It drives me mad so I have a good old swear while I am waiting.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I appreciate a good swear actually. It has to be creative, lacking vulgarity, with a little sprinkling of humor.
My worst habit is always letting fear win. I know I miss out on a lot because fear keeps me from trying new things.
Give new things a go. If you fail then do what, at least you tried.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I crack my hands, wrist and feet/toes.

I am working hard on stopping since after years of doing it I'm feeling the negative effects on my fingers and wrists (Wrists have tendinitis on top of it from another cause). It's just an annoying cycle since I crack because they get stiff and uncomfortable, relieving them temporarily, yet only knowing too well for the long term it isn't good.

Then the soreness comes along, Oi.

Personality wise, I overthink a lot. Working on it though, it gets tiring and stressful needlessly :freak:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think impatience is my worst trait also.

Habit wise, which the impatience figures into, I can have a lead foot when driving. That leads to impatience with drivers who don't have my bad habit. I am working on it, I am 61 so I have been working on it for a long time. Even when time is not a concern I will fall into that vicious cycle. I try the deep breathing and reminding myself that a few extra minutes doesn't matter. It is however a very ingrained habit.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think swearing is the worst habit for me. My nephew is a baptist minister and I hate it when I let out a good one and my nephews kids are there.

Muffy

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A woman started at my work a month ago and swears all the time - I’ve certainty noticed an increase in mine now ! So maybe swearing and taking on others bad habits are mine lol

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely swearing. I cuss like a sailor. I've been known to run down the gauntlet of all the cuss words I've ever known....and then make some up when I'm done.

I'm not a particularly patient driver either. We were talking about that this morning on the way down to the apple orchard, which is about 70 miles south of us. Rick likes to meander along the back roads. Me, I'm all for getting there. Now. Go the highway because it's quicker and I can drive faster. Going the back (scenic) road means curves and hills and getting behind some old coot who thinks it's perfectly fine to drive 40 mph and brake at every little curve. And then.....well, see my first paragraph. :agree: The two go together.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has to be smoking. I don't swear hardly ever, don't drink and the only drugs I do are non opioids.
Since I hate the smell of cigarette's I only smoke in one room of the house - window open (no matter the temp), fan in window facing out so smoke blows out the window, and cigarette never goes far from fan. Won't smoke in my car, or around other people.
I roll my own (with filters) using pipe tobacco, so it doesn't have all that added stuff major brands has. But it's still bad for me.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What if I don't have just one bad habit? :lol: Swearing a lot (I swear like a sailor), overthinking, and being reluctant to do things due to my fear of failure are the biggest that come to mind.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Swearing is an art, not a bad habit! My father went to sea, so I learned a lot of good words from him. Then I picked up all the sailing words and the motorcycle words. And, of course, all the bad words in foreign languages. When those aren't enough, I make up my own. Sometimes I get really creative.

Impatience? Hoo, yeah! My mother used to tell me I was wishing my life away. I hate surprises, too. I want to KNOW! NOW!

I tend to save things for a yard sale that never happens. When the house is about to collapse, I haul it all to a charity resale shop. I find a lot of long-lost things when I do. I wonder if Jimmy Hoffa is in there somewhere?

And, of course, the books. Everywhere. Those are like family. I have a terrible time loaning them, let alone getting rid of them.

Other than that, I'm a perfect saint.