Question of The Day. Saturday 20th of February.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor old thing. No migraine?

White chocolate isn't chocolate as it has no cocoa in it which is probably the source of your problem. Try carob. It's natural and almost tastes like chocolate. Whenu kids were small and I was a mean mummy I made carob cake and lied and told them it was chocolate cake. They enjoyed it.
Please be careful with your intake of cocoa. Hugs.
Oh i get the migranes too, just not as much. Wasn't aware of the difference in white chocolate. I'll give the carob a try. Thank you for your concern, I dearly appreciate it. Hugs as well.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Well, I have a hard time digesting it, so it goes right to my bowels and I have quite a time of it on the throne, if you know what i mean. Plus, it  can give me heartburn, and if it isn't prepared well, it also makes me vomit quite forcefully, and just a s fast, which then gives me a sinus headache. With white chocolate, it isn't nearly as bad.
Yikes.  I LOVE chocolate, but I would have to give it up if my body reacted that badly when I ate it.  Poor you. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No, but you are the second person to suggest this, and who am I to argue? I think I'll give it a shot. Does it taste really similar?
I've never tried it but I know it's been used as a substitute for chocolate for many years. From the comments at the bottom of the article, people are on both sides of the fence about it. Some said it tastes like a chocolate covered raisin. I love those. Especially the dark chocolate Raisinets. 

My DD's boyfriend can't have chocolate , dairy or gluten. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, but you are the second person to suggest this, and who am I to argue? I think I'll give it a shot. Does it taste really similar?
i love carob, and i never eat chocolate or cocoa; it's the caffeine that i don't like/want. carob has a unique flavor, i think. i believe that if someone tries carob thinking it'll taste like chocolate, they'll more than likely be disappointed. however, if a person tries carob with the thought in their mind that it's somewhat similar but has it's own unique flavor, i think they're much more likely to like carob. carob powder and carob chips (like to use in baking) are a little expensive.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Godiva dark chocolate with raspberry filling
I don't know if they still have them but Godiva used to have a star shaped chocolate that was raspberry filling with white chocolate coating.  Those were the only way that I really liked white chocolate.  I remember I couldn't get them by themselves though they were just part of an assorted chocolates box.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They used to do violet creams. I'd break my diet for those if I was on one.