Question of The Day. Saturday 20th of February.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a milk chocolate type of girl. Someone got us a box of assorted gharadeli  chocolates for Christmas and there was one that I went crazy for, dark chocolate with salted caramel. It was so good. 

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love chocolate! I like white the most... but I'll eat anything that is chocolate except with coconut. I like coconut, but not in chocolates. I'm warming up to dark chocolate but the dove candy bar company (not the soap!) is the dark chocolate I really like. Same goes for Lindor truffles. And I love reese's peanut butter cups.. but they are even better in ice cream! I love fudge with nuts, brownies that are fudgy with nuts etc. I am not the biggest chocolate cake fan as I always find the cake too dry. We made chocolate lava cake in the slow cooker recently and it was amazing! I also love the double chocolate chip muffins from Costco. And homemade chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any chocolate is fine.  Favorite is white, with semisweet a close second.  And I put chocolate IN my chili.  You don't really taste the chocolate, it just adds a very nice, subtle something to it.  Even my favorite movie is Chocolat.  No wonder I'm half the size of a good draft horse!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm surprised at how often "white" chocolate is listed as a favourite. 

I'll be honest, I don't even consider white chocolate to be chocolate.  To me, if it isn't, well chocolate coloured, then it's not chocolate at all. It's vanilla!  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Any chocolate is fine.  Favorite is white, with semisweet a close second.  And I put chocolate IN my chili.  You don't really taste the chocolate, it just adds a very nice, subtle something to it.  Even my favorite movie is Chocolat.  No wonder I'm half the size of a good draft horse!
Isn't that a great movie?! :nod:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I'll be honest, I don't even consider white chocolate to be chocolate.  To me, if it isn't, well chocolate coloured, then it's not chocolate at all. It's vanilla!  
You are kinda sorta right.  There isn't any cocoa liquor in white chocolate, so it isn't.  It is pure coaca butter, so it is.  It is either the least or the most chocolate of all chocolates, but who knows?  I know it's very tasty, especially when made into peppermint bark, or when in cookies with macadamia nuts.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Isn't that a great movie?!
YES!  AND with Johnny Dep!  Although, truth told, I'm far more enamoured of Cpt Sparrow than I am of Johnny Depp.  But I love the movie.  A Chocolate Shaman...what could be better?  Cocoa Magick!  Hmmmmmmm...maybe all those treats on Halloween are really little Happy Spells for kids?  NO NO NO don't get me started!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Isn't that a great movie?! :nod:

A Chocolate Shaman...what could be better?  Cocoa Magick!  Hmmmmmmm...maybe all those treats on Halloween are really little Happy Spells for kids?  NO NO NO don't get me started!
:clap: I LOVE it. "Chocolate Shaman and Cocoa Magick." :nod:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning.

Let's talk about chocolate! Do you like white, milk or plain? Fruit and nut or just pure chocolate? How about the more exotic combinations, chocolate and ginger, green tea flavour or chocolate with chilli?What's your favourite way to eat chocolate? Ice-cream, cake, pudding or just big chunks of it?

I rarely eat chocolate, but every now and then I'll get a craving. I like the very bitter, 70% cacao stuff. A little square goes so well with lemon tea. I'm not big on deserts, but I love a steaming mug of hot chocolate on cold winter evenings.

How about you?
With or without marshmallows!!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't 'do' chocolate -- it's the caffeine in it that i don't want. i love carob though, which is kind of similar but really not the same taste as chocolate.
When the kids were small, I made them carob cake instead of chocolate cake healthier.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as I'm concerned white chocolate isn't chocolate.
I love chocolate both milk and plain. I love hot pepper chocolate, salt chocolate, mint filled chocolate, orange cream chocolate, violet creams, yummy,I'm fact I like chocolate but I can go months without eating it.

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I LOVE chocolate.  I hate biting into bits of nuts and fruit in my desserts. 

I tried hot chocolate with chili once and I was NOT a fan.  My favorite is probably just a simple milk chocolate bar.  I also like dark chocolate, but not too bitter.  I once bought a chai milk chocolate bar and it was da bomb.  

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's not really chocolate... don't know the science behind it (and don't care tbh because it won't change my mind about loving it) but I really do love it! Ever since I had a white chocolate lindor truffle I was in love. They are expensive but I usually get them around Christmas and a white Russell stover bunny around Easter. I just prefer it, it's what makes me happy. Dark chocolate isn't my thing; but I will eat it.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's not really chocolate... don't know the science behind it (and don't care tbh because it won't change my mind about loving it) but I really do love it! Ever since I had a white chocolate lindor truffle I was in love. They are expensive but I usually get them around Christmas and a white Russell stover bunny around Easter. I just prefer it, it's what makes me happy. Dark chocolate isn't my thing; but I will eat it.
It is technically not chocolate. I'd still take it over milk chocolate any day. Here's the explanation regarding white chocolate. My DH loved it. DD does too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_chocolate

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love chocolate, so there are so many I like. I think my favorites are cadbury bar w/ fruit & nut. The cadbury is just so creamy! 

There are only a select few dark chocolates I like, because I don't like the bitterness. My favorites that I just love are the Lindt bars, I usually get the orange, but discovered some stores have the lemon, & wow, SO good! I'd have to say it's my favorite!  

I'd say as long as it's a good chocolate, not waxy or bitter I like it.    So it's kinda like, "Hi my name is Kelly, & I'm a chocoholic."  

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I love chocolate, but it can be a cruel mistress to my system sometimes. Well too bad, because I'm not giving it up! I do not like the dark stuff---too bitter. I usually eat white chocolate, it doesn't hit me as bad as the regular chocolate. I like it when it's drizzled on fruit and on nuts.Usually I eat WAY too much of it around Christmas!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love chocolate, but it can be a cruel mistress to my system sometimes. Well too bad, because I'm not giving it up! I do not like the dark stuff---too bitter. I usually eat white chocolate, it doesn't hit me as bad as the regular chocolate. I like it when it's drizzled on fruit and on nuts.Usually I eat WAY too much of it around Christmas! :lol3: :nod: :woohoo:
What does it do to your system?

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What does it do to your system?
Well, I have a hard time digesting it, so it goes right to my bowels and I have quite a time of it on the throne, if you know what i mean. Plus, it  can give me heartburn, and if it isn't prepared well, it also makes me vomit quite forcefully, and just a s fast, which then gives me a sinus headache. With white chocolate, it isn't nearly as bad.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have a hard time digesting it, so it goes right to my bowels and I have quite a time of it on the throne, if you know what i mean. Plus, it  can give me heartburn, and if it isn't prepared well, it also makes me vomit quite forcefully, and just a s fast, which then gives me a sinus headache. With white chocolate, it isn't nearly as bad.
Poor old thing. No migraine?

White chocolate isn't chocolate as it has no cocoa in it which is probably the source of your problem. Try carob. It's natural and almost tastes like chocolate. Whenu kids were small and I was a mean mummy I made carob cake and lied and told them it was chocolate cake. They enjoyed it.
Please be careful with your intake of cocoa. Hugs.