Question of The Day. Saturday 15th of August

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello.

:geekcat:

Do you remember your dreams? Do you have any recurring dreams or nightmares? What have you dreamt about recently?

I usually remember the last few minutes of whatever I was dreaming right before I woke up. I have a couple of recurring dreams. One about climbing up stairs that gradually becoming weaker or more impossible to climb, like I'll be climbing a staircase that then becomes cardboard boxes and finally toilet rolls stacked on top of each other, before starting to collapse.

Last night I had one of my other recurring dreams, the looking around old houses dream. I think I dream this one so much because I've moved house so often. In the dream I'll be looking around an empty house, wondering if I should rent it or not. There are always a lot of odd shaped rooms, rooms inside of other rooms, basement rooms that go down below the house, rooms with too many beds crammed into them. They're usually those high-ceiling, ornate rooms you get in old Victorian houses with lots of fancy cornices and mouldings.

There's nothing particularly disturbing about the dream, but I always wake up thinking, "Oh, thank heavens I don't actually have to move house again!"

:yess:

What do you dream?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember a lot of my dreams. I have a lot of recurring themes in my dreams too. Lately I've been having dreams that I'm out and around a lot of people and I forgot my face mask. Last week the dream took place at my high school.

Other themes:
The world essentially looks the same but my perspective of it is backwards or a mirrored version.
I'm in my childhood home and I can't get the sliding door to lock. Sometimes there is someone trying to get in.
I'm living in my childhood home and the new owners either don't know I'm still living there or we have an unsaid pact where I'm there at certain times.
My late dog, Lucy, is in A LOT of my dreams, most often just in the background. I believe she's just visiting me through my dreams.
I don't talk in my sleep unless I dream about ghosts and I start yelling at them while I'm asleep and often wake myself up.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I remember most of my dreams. Yes, I have reoccurring nightmares. Some are PTSD related, some are just weird ones. I also have reoccurring themes and events in dreams. I have told my husband that I swear I am living in a parallel world (a total of three, including the real world) because of my dreams. For example, I often dream of my grandmother's house, although it is not her real house. She is alive in the dreams, but she was dead. By that I mean, in my dream she is alive, but the fact that she is alive is perplexing because in the dream I know she died when I was 13. I even mention it to her in the dreams. She tells me that she was buried alive. When I dream about it, I remember past dreams as well as events that supposedly happened between the dreams. In the other "parallel" dream, it is also my grandma's house--not really her house--but she is dead and when I dream of that one, I know that I am just visiting her house and looking for something. The odd thing about that house is that there is a room that I have to go behind a wall to get to. That room is set up exactly as it might have been during WWII. I also dream of tiny, full-grown cats that fit in my hand.

The reoccurring nightmares are usually of actual events of my ex-husband. The other reoccurring ones involve my ex-husband kidnapping me and keeping me away from my current husband. My husband can always tell which one I am having based on how I wake him up.

Last night was an ex-husband reenactment kind of night.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I always dream. What is so bizarre, is that I have been disabled since 2000 but not once in my
dreams have I ever been!! I'm always working or looking for a job. When the pain is severe
enough to breakthrough my dream, Dr. Stanton-Hicks always pops into the dream and gives me
something to stop it but I tell him I'm having dental pain. He was my Pain Management doc till he
retired in 2017.That is a recurring theme.

Lately I've been dreaming that Hugh Laurie and I are a couple, ha!! and sometimes it's the actors' Chris Noth
or Sam Waterston from Law&Order, or Matthew Gray Gubler from Criminal Minds.

Sometimes I wake up talking.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is so bizarre, is that I have been disabled since 2000 but not once in my
dreams have I ever been!!
[/QUOTE]

That is strange! I have been disabled for more than a decade, and I cannot remember the last time I was not disabled in my dreams! Often in my dreams, it is worse because I never have my cane or wheelchair with me! Haha!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely dream as an adult but I would always have a reoccurring dream whenever I would sleep with my sister as a kid.

She and I would be walking home from school when somebody on a horse with a burlap bag would come up to us and scoop me up into the bag. I would wake up after that so I don't know what happened after that.

What would be weird if that even if a few months went by between my sister and I sleeping together, I would always have that dream.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember most of my dreams. And I have both dreams, nightmares and sometimes dreams that land somewhere in between. I have had recurring dreams/nightmares before but not lately.
My most memorable recurring nightmare was when I was a child. In my dream I had a beautiful doll house and a cute little monster lived in it. One day he jumped out of the doll house and grew to the size of a full grown man, and turned evil and not so cute anymore and tried to eat me. He looked a little like something between ET and Gizmo (from Gremlins) but then he morphed into the leader of the evil gremlins with a bit of Pennywise...without the "clown".
I had that nightmare for months...
As for what I've been dreaming about lately...I've had dreams about my cats being sick, about my husband, about my health, some involving exes, some about work, some where I'm a character in one of my fave shows...but it's "real" life and even a few "naughty dreams". Honestly I'm all over the place...I even have dreams that when I try to recall them, I do remember them but they make absolutely NO sense and don't follow any sequence or series of events, or the people in them don't look like the person that they are supposed to be and the "topic" is just plain weird...Or I have a mess of random nothing dreams...I call them "Seinfeld dreams"...you know...the show about nothing?...
I hate it when I have a nightmare so vivid, that I feel like poop all day. Like a cloud of dread just keeps following me even though I know it was just a nightmare...
I have also had dreams that have come true....down to every detail...but that might be a different topic of discussion...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I fall asleep I'm a pretty sound sleeper but don't usually remember my dreams. If I wake up while having a dream I remember the end of it otherwise not. :dunno:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My dreams are very disjointed and so hard to remember. No real nightmares but a recurring stressful theme of parking my car various places and then not remembering where I left it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember my dreams. I can wake up with a vague feeling of what I was dreaming about but then it's gone in 10 minutes.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I dream but I almost never remember what was in them. Sometimes I remember after waking up, but it's like it disintegrates right before my eyes and after a few minutes it's gone. It's very rare I will remember a dream, and almost all of the ones I remember bits and pieces from were from when I was a small child.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I do. I used to have a recurring fire dream, until I woke hubby up one time too many times trying to yell "FIRE!" and he bought some fire extinguishers and a ladder. I also have one about water, where I'm driving on a road that looks like the Florida keys but it's right on top of the water, water on either side, dark, waves coming up on either side. In the dream I know i'm screwed because if i stop driving i'll be washed over the side and if i keep driving i'll drive off the road. I haven't had that one i awhile either.

Last night I had a dream that I was in a store and went to get my wallet and it wasn't there. I tried to find it, went back to the previous store, and it wasn't there. I was worried that I didn't know which cards I had in my wallet and how I was going to report them missing. That prompted me to think about keeping a list somewhere in the house of the cards that in my wallet just in case (I haven't done it yet).

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do. I"m also very big into lucid dreaming (Stephen LaBerge) and Astral Projection.
I had an unintentional astral project incident when I was a lot younger I was walking into the driveway and suddenly I was watching myself walk down the driveway from up above. Never forgot it, but have never tried to duplicate it.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my dreams, most of the time. They're usually really bizarre, for whatever reason. The other night, I dreamed that I was at my dad's house when I heard the front door open. I figured it was my husband, so I went into the living room. Instead, there was a man who I had never seen before- he was very disheveled, etc. I went to yell for my dad and couldn't...and the man began waking towards me, arms outstretched...then I woke up, still trying to yell. Oof.

I had a recurring dream intro when I was a kid. I was in my mom's old car. She was driving, and suddenly, the background just melted away into white, with the strip of road we were driving on. If anyone watched or had a kid that watched the cartoon Chalk Zone, there was an episode with a magical vacuum cleaner that caused basically the same scenario, so I reckon that's where my subconscious picked that particular oddity from. Anyway, she is driving along, and I am terrified to look out the window. The suddenly, we are driving through a swamp, and we go over a log bridge, and the dream goes in whatever direction from there.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an unintentional astral project incident when I was a lot younger I was walking into the driveway and suddenly I was watching myself walk down the driveway from up above. Never forgot it, but have never tried to duplicate it.
It's really not that scary. I find it more scary coming back to this body and dealing with the physical world, tbh. I actually try to project nightly.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember some. I've had a few more than once; but it's been a while. Last night I dreamed that we were on a plane; buckling in for takeoff. A bunch of people we know from church were there too. The runway was more of a street and really really long. When we got there we were in Rome. It was crowded with college kids but we met up with one of my friends and her kids who no longer live in the area.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have vivid dreams and I remember most of them - particularly around the night after the American elections in 2016, I dreamt that Trump went on a shooting rampage. :lol: Some of my dreams have been pretty cool, such as I once dreamt I had an interaction with my late grandma (whom I never met), and travelled back in time. Others are more realistic and re-hashes of daily events, but sometimes include weird things and they can be so vivid that I actually forget I dreamt them and mix them up with reality.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These days most of my dreaming is done when I'm awake. Daydreaming about the future.