Question Of The Day. Saturday 12th Of August

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

One of my best friends just got back from a trip to London and guess what she brought me as a souvenir?

A bag of Licorice Allsorts!

I haven't had these since I was a kid, I'd forgotten how good they are.

What was your favourite kind of sweets when you were a kid? Are they still around now? Do you still like them?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, this is tough for me since I liked sweets as a kid and the kid in me hasn't grown up yet. :wink: There was a type of sucker called a Slo Poke that I remember liking because I could make it last all day. Our neighborhood had a candy store near the movie theater I would go to with my friends on Saturday afternoon. We'd fill a bag with candy and bring it to the show. Another favorite was the Candy Buttons and Necco Wafers. Although one of my all time favorites was a Zagnut candy bar. :yummy:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I liked Tiffin. Cant get it anymore. Norachan if you can get it, we'll swap. Liquorice Allsorts are everywhere here.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I buy those licorice allsorts on Amazon now and then. A bit pricey, I get them as a treat for me.

3 Musketeers has always been my favorite. And I love M&Ms as well - plain, almond, other flavors. It all depends on my mood what I fancy at any given time.

neely neely just google those candies, they are available online; maybe get them for a Christmas in August treat for yourself!

V verna davies yes Tiffin is also available online! I used google and searched: tiffin candy

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My fave was Sugar Babies and I don't know if the are still around. I always got
them at the movies.

Mia

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a weird kid, lol. I preferred salty to sweet. Doritos, ramen snacks, pickles, etc. When I did have candy I liked caramel. Rolos are the best! I also liked strong mints, still do. And Mentos. Not very strong but a good minty flavor.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a weird kid, lol. I preferred salty to sweet. Doritos, ramen snacks, pickles, etc. When I did have candy I liked caramel. Rolos are the best! I also liked strong mints, still do. And Mentos. Not very strong but a good minty flavor.

I forgot about Rolos! They were sooo good. I had those at the movies as well.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, I liked ring pops. They made a mess all over your hand but were fun to wear. And baby bottle pops, and pixie stix, air heads, those wax bottles were fun, and dip n stix were so cool too. Pop rocks...yea all those. Can you tell I was a 90's kid? Lol.

Now I like dark chocolate with sea salt and those orange chocolates that show up around christmas that you smash and then it comes apart like an orange.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mints! I liked all sorts of mints, from chewy to classic, but these were a favourite:

Oddly enough for a kid, methinks :lol: I blame my equestrian background, as my parents also gave them to their horses as a reward or treat.

Otherwise I also really loved Nerds. And cinnamon hearts when Valentine's Day came around.

Thankfully they still exist. And now I want some.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorites were Hershey's Almond Bar, Sky Bar's and Mary Janes. When I went vegan for 12 years I thought I was going to die without an almond bar.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG. Summertime trips to the candy store after spending the day at the local swimming pool... The memories...lol

Snickers bars.

Brach's candy center. My favorites were those Neapolitan coconut things. I don't think those are around anymore. Loved the butterscotch disks too.

Charleston Chew candy bars. You could freeze them and break them into pieces.

Saltwater taffy.... DROOLING

Mallow Cups........I think those are still around.

Snickers are the only thing I still eat with any regularity. Maybe once a year I'll get a bag of saltwater taffy if I notice it in the grocery store.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Starlight mints (peppermint), butterscotch, and lemon drops. Oh, and chocolate covered cherries. I still love those. And Lifesavers, except for the lime and pineapple flavors.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to like Bon bons - toffee balls coated in different flavour sherbert .. You can still buy them at retro sweet shops now and buy bags of sweets. We used go to the shops and ask for 20p worth of sweets or something