Question of the Day - Monday, May 24, 2021

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I will read pretty much anything I can get my hands on, so I no longer follow any kind of genre. I have my favorite authors that I follow. I don't read a book just once. I've been known to read the same books repeatedly, esp if I really enjoy it. I think I've read Outlander so many times I probably know the first book by heart. Same with many Stephen King novels.

I used to really like sci-fi, but the newer books don't do much for me.

Outlander series
Agent Pendergast series (I pretty much like anything from Preston/Child)
I like cozy mysteries
The Anita Blake, Vampire Executioner series (but not so much Hamilton's other series)
Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series
James Patterson's Woman's Murder Club series
In Death series by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
Loved Clive Cussler's books
Victoria Thompson's Gaslight mysteries series
Used to love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. That got old. Fast. Same old, same old.
Whatever I can find in the library in e-books (I have some favorite authors there, too. I like to read them, but not enough to buy them)

I still buy a lot of books, but have gone to places like Thriftbooks to round out my collections. I prefer hard covers, but that's just me. Started to buy some of the In Death books from Thriftbooks. I like them.

While I really enjoy the feel and smell of real books, my eyes can't handle the smaller print. I have started to get library books for my iPad now (which poses its own set of problems: eye strain, headaches, etc.). I have a Kindle Paperwhite that I don't like, simply because it's too blasted small.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess that would be my option, although I'd prefer reading and smelling the pages of books ( I am weird, LOL). I had planned for a lasic surgery for years but keep holding it off due to finances. My priorities are the education of my kids, and house payments.

So there. :)
I know what you mean. I love the sound of opening a brand new book. :cloud9: I use my e-reader constantly; but I still get excited about that crack and sniffing new books. E-books have just become so much more accessible and sometimes less expensive. I never thought I would like an e-reader until i saw someone sitting with one in a Barnes & Noble years ago.

I don't have an audible subscription but it does seem like a nice alternative since I enjoyed that one book. Maybe I would enjoy it if I thought of it as just a different entertainment option; not a replacement for reading. I used to listen to a kids radio drama when I was a kid. My mom and I would take the cassette tapes on car trips to pass the time too.
I still buy a lot of books, but have gone to places like Thriftbooks to round out my collections. I prefer hard covers, but that's just me. Started to buy some of the In Death books from Thriftbooks. I like them.
I like the Thriftbooks site! I've purchased from them via ebay also. They've had books we needed for literature for school. DD is reading a nice hardback copy of the Winnie the Pooh books that I found there.