Question of the Day - Monday, March 2, 2020

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't eat out.
I don't really trust the average worker to be sanitary enough with my food.
Have you ever seen Hell's Kitchen?
No but I've been to a restaurant that had just been on Restaurant Impossible. :lol: You can go on one of our state websites and see all the health department inspection reports for any restaurant. Of course you should actually look at the reports before judging. I saw some that were really minor things; like they noted the water temperature for the washing was declining. So still very hot; but starting to need maintenance.
Husband never ate out growing up, so we go out a lot now!

I would LOVE to try new places, but unfortunately our area only has chain restaurants. Family owned places are few and far between, although there is one that is (hopefully) opening by the end of summer that I am seriously looking forward to! It's a nice little brunch place. Mmmm.
Our area has way too many chain restaurants. It's getting better though. I grew up in an area that had a significant immigrant population and the restaurants reflect that. Some are in their 3rd generation of ownership but I've noticed new cultures represented when I go for visits now. Where my in-laws live coffee shops and cafes are a big thing. Those are fun to try. MIL and I had a great lunch at a cafe inside of an antique store once. The building had originally been a auto repair shop but it was really neat architecturally and it had several floors. Who would think you'd find good food there? I've always felt like trying new foods is a good way to experience a different culture. I'm not big on travel (the getting from A to B) so trying foods it is. :yummy:
DH prefers to stick to familiar restaurants and fare, while I like to try new places and dishes. I talked him into going to a new Greek restaurant in town for lunch two weeks ago, and it turned out to be excellent and very reasonably priced, with a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere. When the waiter realized our niece didn't speak German, he made a real effort to speak English with her, too.
Ooo Greek food! That's what my area really needs! My family knows when I go home for a visit that we have to get dinner from my favorite. I don't even ask. :lol: I could go for that right now actually. :think::yummy: