Question of the Day - Monday, March 15, 2021

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With our family, the birthdays are pretty spread out. What can make it busy is the ones that land on/near holidays as well.
January : 1 (close to new years)
February : 2
March : 3 (twins and one the twins' wife is the following day- so it's all one celebration if we have one)
April : 2 (both are Close to Easter...when Easter is in April)
May : 1 (always same week/weekend as Mother's day)
June : 0
July : 3 (this group isn't so bad, one is on the 1st, after none in June and one is on the 31st with none in August, so even this "busy month" is spread out)
August : 0
September : 1
October : 1 (Close to Thanksgiving)
November : 1
December : 1 (on Boxing day)

I'm a terrible person and can't remember one of my step brother's, baby's b-day, I'm drawing a total blank...so one more should be added in somewhere...(We're not really close, and tend to only see each other at major family events...I'm also terrible with dates)
We have also slowly stopped having birthday parties for the adults. We will acknowledge our birthdays and maybe have little celebrations, but no more getting the whole family together...it's getting to be too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We'd been planning it for years because my father was having a "real birthday" and it was his 19th (ie he turned 76).
My great-grandmother was a leap year baby but I don’t really remember any of her birthdays. Just the photo of her last one. She was 99 when she passed away and I was about 9. She seemed ancient. :lol2: I’ll have to ask my Grandpa about it. I’m sure it feels more unfair as a kid.
What can make it busy is the ones that land on/near holidays as well.
Yes we have 4 in November another 2 in December and then 2 in early January. I’m always really purposeful about giving my nephew who was born 2 days before Christmas a separate gift for each; even if they get shipped together.

We stopped doing gifts for almost all the adults in the family a while ago. Occasionally we will do something just because. One niece and nephew are adults now but they still get gifts... usually of money.;) It can feel crazy with so many. I only do Christmas gifts with some of my stepsiblings kids because of it. SIL and I agreed to keep it small and we’ve done group gifts at Christmas too. I think its helped the kids see giving in a good light too. They seem to appreciate giving and getting.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
January here, although when it comes to the cats, I most likely share a birthday month with Indy (Squee's birthday was around Indy's birthday, too), and both Tango and Echo were adopted about a week after my birthday.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
March. We're a bunch of pisces/aries. Bit of a worry really.