Question of the Day - Monday, March 13, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is anyone feeling the time change blues like I am? :yawn: My son says he has a little sore throat and he's acting more subdued; but that didn't stop him from wanting a donut at snack time. I'm wondering if we are just worn out from the time changing on an extra busy weekend for us. I stopped for a coffee after getting groceries and I was supposed to get a free muffin but they ran out so they gave me donuts instead.

We had a little day-trip this weekend for a 90th birthday party for my step-grandpa. We got home kind of late but DH still wanted to stop and get a new pillow on our way home; so we did that too. We have a laundry basket behind the closet door in our room that holds all our extra pillows. The pile is getting almost as tall as I am. I do rotate which pillow i feel like using. Sometimes i want a squishy down alternative. Sometimes more flat or a memory foam. I think DH has twice as many pillows though.

How many pillows do you sleep with at night?

I have 2 every night. One for under my head and one to hug with my arms and knees. I have a tall wedge one in place of a headboard so I can sit up and read; but i don't use it to sleep. I tired during a cold and it was only so helpful.

On the couch I have 2-3 pillows to prop up and snuggle Mooch with at night. 2 are just old ones from our bed; but I have bought an inexpensive one for there on purpose before.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no bother at all i am not like i was as a kid where i felt like i got cheated out of an hour of sleep. pillows i can make due with one after its been folded/bent enough so that my head is angled towards my chest helps with my vertigo. aside from being in a good position to see the laptop when gf and i are watching anime in bed or one of her korean dramas she loves to watch :lol:i can doze off without her knowing

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The time change didn't bother me, but the cats might beg to differ. Michele and me each have one pillow that, more often than not, we share with a cat..........or two.........or three.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I are both dragging today so it could be the time change or the fact that we both got up @ 6 to go to the gym and work out. :wink:
One pillow in bed at night but two on the couch for Carleton and me. We often fall asleep together. :catlove:

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The luxury of sleeping alone - three pillows. One for my head and one on each side to hug or lean my back on. As far as the time change, I have less issues with going onto DST vs coming off of it but I would be very happy for the semi annual change to go away altogether.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1 1/2 pillows, LOL. I have a pillow for me, and a pillow case full of very sentimental items (a washed blanket that most of my old pets have favored in their last days, a shirt a friend gave me shortly before she passed, Tags PJ's that he wore his last 6 months, etc.) that is beside me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't seem like the time change has bothered us at all this time.I'm surprised as it often does.I sleep with 3 pillows and then one between my knees.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The time change was great for me. It straightened out my sleeping pattern. Hope I can keep it up. I have two pillows on the bed, but I only use one. The coverlet came with about a dozen fancy pillows, but I didn't want to be taking them off the bed to sleep and putting them back on on in the morning, so I've been putting them away. Mingo often puts me to bed by curling up next to my head and purring, but that's not really a pillow, but I wish it was. Soft and slow rumbling.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We don't have daylight savings in my State. Back when it was being introduced we had a very dicey Premier; it was said that he thought the sun shone out of his (bottom) and he wasn't getting up an hour earlier for anyone. Been the same ever since. :biggrin: Actually I think it was the farmers, particularly Dairy, who objected.

Pillows. One good chiropractic one that supports the cervical spine.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sleep with one pillow. This time change in the Spring takes some time for me to adjust to, I think because I am more of a morning person. The one in the fall doesn't take any adjustment for me. I wish they would keep one or the other even though I know that we will stay on Daylight Savings if we stay with one.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have daylight savings in my State. Back when it was being introduced we had a very dicey Premier; it was said that he thought the sun shone out of his (bottom) and he wasn't getting up an hour earlier for anyone. Been the same ever since. :biggrin: Actually I think it was the farmers, particularly Dairy, who objected.

Pillows. One good chiropractic one that supports the cervical spine.
That was Joh, wasn’t it? I remember that joke! :lol:
One thing I envy you up north is not having daylight savings.