Question of the Day - Monday, June 15, 2020

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
But then I have to get up the next morning and do it all again!
:sniffle:

I'm into Marie Kondo too. The less you have the less there is to wash and put away. Several times I've though about just throwing everything I own away, shaving all the cats and burning the house down. It would save me a lot of time.

:lol:
I have always been sort of a Marie Kondo. No more than what I need. BUT because I have in the past thrown away things that I ended up needing, if I do a big purge I put anything I am on the fence about into a box and date it for a year out. Then anything still in the box at the end of its year gets trashed.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh I could talk about cleaning all day. I am a very strong creature of habit.

I vacuum twice a week on Thursdays and Sundays. The kitchen gets swept 2-3x a week, mopped once. I mop the floors throughout the house once or twice a month. I'm trying to get DH to follow along my "no shoes past the kitchen" rule but he is fighting it pretty hard. I am strongly considering getting an off brand Roomba because we are bout to drown in cat hair.

Laundry is done on Wednesdays (a single load of work shirts/socks/pants) and Sundays (other clothes/sheets/towels).

We run our dishwasher on (usually) Sunday and Thursday. We wash big stuff by hand so we really only run plates/silverware/lunch containers/glasses.

Bathrooms vary. I keep our master bath that we use to shower in better condition than the guest (where the litterboxes are). Basically when I see that the shower needs to be scrubbed (like right now :paperbag: ), I'll dedicate a Saturday or Sunday to deep cleaning it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How many cats do you have, Norachan Norachan ?
At the moment I have 20 indoor/enclosure cats and one big, friendly ginger boy who just comes to eat here. I take in unwanted kittens until they can be re-homed sometimes, so the most I've ever had in this place is 26.

Oh, and a friendly raccoon too.

:dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wake up, feed cats, drink industrial amounts of coffee, deal with any dead mice, coughed-up hair balls, or peed-on things, gather all the cat food bowls together, any left-overs get put out for the crow, wash dishes, scoop litter boxes, make beds, hang sofa throws and cat bedding out to air if sunny, put any very grubby cats beds in the wash, vacuum upstairs and downstairs, take out the rubbish and the recycling, sweep the deck, water plants if needed, take a shower and then it's usually time to feed the cats again.

:runaround::runaround::runaround::runaround::runaround:

I spend a couple of hours cleaning every day. You really have to when you've got this many cats.
"any left-overs get put out for the crow"---I love that. :redheartpump:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was working, weekends were for housework. I did laundry on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings.

Now that I'm retired, I don't really have a schedule anymore. I usually end up vacuuming every other day. I swiffer twice a week or so, wipe down the bathroom and kitchen 2-3 times a week. And do a more thorough cleaning once a month. Especially during this time of quarantine, when nobody has been in our house for months, that's enough cleaning for me.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
"any left-overs get put out for the crow"---I love that
He's a good crow. He helps dispose of any dead mice the cats leave around too. Kind of like a Tibetan Sky Burial, crow style.

They're like twice the size of American crows.
They are really big, aren't they? Smart too. I've seen them drop nuts from the trees onto the road and wait for a car to go over them to crack the nut open. If they had thumbs they'd take over the world.