Question of the Day - Monday, July 18, 2022

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done a lot of cave tours. I remember one time my family and I were at one down south (wearing t-shirts and shorts) and the employee asked if we wanted to grab a jacket because it was going to be around 40 degrees in the cave. My dad was like, "nah, we're from Minnesota."

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Check out Julie Gautier! She dives into underwater caves, dancing, fearless. I’d send the YouTube link but am too cool for school.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No no no no no. Claustrophobic.
I am also claustrophobic like @Bri5 , so no. Never.
Don’t worry I understand! I don’t think of myself as claustrophobic; but when I see people deep diving or in a submarine or thise undersea hotels I get nervous just looking!
Nope, nope, nope. I'd be afraid that the entire thing would cave in on top of me. Now, I know that's not going to happen. And I also know that it's not going to cave in on top of me because I'm not going to be there!
There is a little rush of excitement over that. I guess its like how some people love roller coasters. The first one we went to wasn’t really far below the surface but it had amazing formations all through it. The tour guide said farmers used to use it to store produce!

I found an ad for a gem mine that does tours a few weeks a year. You ride on a little train type thing. I thought it sounded really cool but now I’m not sure. My kids aren’t old enough anyway. But it does make me appreciate miners!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have but was very terrified as I am clastipobic. Would never do it again. An astronaut I could never be 🚀

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what is that profession? coast guard? i would love that job!!!
My background was Supply & Finance. Liaison Representative was the title of the job I held while working at Navsupact Naples. I was active duty USCG.