Question of the Day - Monday, December 16, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you guys. Today was nuts. :cringe: I had a huge grocery order to pick up and we had to go in to the store to get a few other things. When they brought my order to my car the car with the baskets was about as tall as I am. :oops: (2 cases of water and 2 of cat litter didn't help.) I am so 😴 right now. My kids expected to bake things today. It didn't happen. :rolleyes2: BUT I have a plan for tomorrow. After I get a package ready to mail. And mail it. ;)

What is one career you wish you could have?

I've always thought it would be really fun to be a voice actor for animated movies and maybe cartoons. I still remember when Disney's Beauty and the Beast came out when I was a kid and they were showing some clips they'd recorded of the actors who had voiced the characters to help animate the movie. It seemed so much less intimidating than acting in front of a camera or on stage. It looked fun! Plus I don't think I'd really like to be famous. I had fun reading lines with my kids for their Christmas play this year. I got to be all the parts they weren't. :lol2:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone tells me I should be a writer. There was a point when I wanted to dedicate my life to writing, but life and depression got in the way. Still, maybe I'll get something published someday.
Me, too. My first love was writing. I used to spend my time writing poetry and short stories when I was a kid. But like you, life's complications and depression got in the way.

I also wanted to become a nun at some point.

And a nurse.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to just be a stay at home cat mom. Take care of the house and cook a nice dinner every night. Shop for groceries, and have one of those big washing machines without the agitator and do as much laundry as I wish, as often as I wish.

If I had to pick a regular job, it would probably be something to do with animals, but that pays well.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess this probably sounds pretty morbid, but I would have liked to have been an accident investigator for the NTSB. I think it's fascinating how they analyze all that debris, figure out what went wrong, and what needs to be done to prevent tragedies like that from happening again.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of those...they suck. It didn't get the clothes clean.
It's currently sitting in my yard by the pumphouse because I can't even give it away.
My MIL has one too. I agree, it just doesn't seem to do as well as one with an agitator.
You should Goodwill or Salvation Army that washer

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found that choosing the "soak" option on my washer (no agitator) makes it work a lot better. Before I figured that out I was dissatisfied with the washer, but now I love it. And I never find my t-shirts twisted up in the agitator like in the old machine.

I wanted to be a vet but college wasn't an option. I'm not sure I would have done well with the medical aspects anyway. As a second choice, I wanted to be a social worker and put child abusers in jail! But I'm kind of glad I didn't pursue that because not enough of them go to jail and it would be a depressing job. My fallback was to be a paralegal. But then I fell into a job with the Postal Service so I didn't have to pursue paralegal classes.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to work towards it! An environmental consultant. I would love nothing more than to get paid to go walk through some woods, find a wetland, and ID some trees and animals. Wetland delineation is fascinating and was one of my favorite things I did in college.

A fellow budding biologist! How neat! I went back to school a few years ago after 14 years working in retail and have one more semester for a wildlife biology Bachelors degree. The research and data collection/analysis really excites me. I'm trying to decide if I should go straight into starting a Masters. Although after talking with my teacher, he was like, why not a Phd? You could teach 1-2 classes and spend the rest of the time working on research. What?!?! So lots of things to decide, haha.

I can relate to a dream job of being outside in nature. This past summer was my first full time field job lasting almost 3 months, with 95% of the time outside collecting data in the field. The first day I trained with another tech to use a GPS map on a tablet to navigate through pastures to collect vegetation samples, an excitement spread through me, and I couldn't believe this was a job you could get paid for!