Question of the Day - Monday, August 17, 2020

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do OK, I guess. My desk is usually tidy, unless I'm in a cooking frenzy and have cookbooks laying all over. I do prefer things to be neat and I'm not a fan of clutter at all.

Rick's desk, more often than not, looks like it was hit by a hurricane and his bureau in the bedroom is the same way. And he's getting to the point where he can't find much of anything anymore. Of course, when he can't find something, it's because I "put it somewhere". No I don't. He has three different caps dangling on the kitchen chairs because he'll "wear them at some point". Two pairs of sunglasses and his regular glasses on the kitchen table. The mail clutters the table, unless I sort it....and then he yells at me because I sorted the mail and he didn't see it first. Well, it's been there for a week! Look at it! That's the kind of thing that I find frustrating. I'm not allowed to clean his desk or his bureau because he knows where everything is. But, no. He doesn't. If he did, he wouldn't say, "Pamela? What did you do with my keys?" "Pamela, where's the shed key?" for the lawnmower. What did I do with his keys? Me? Seriously? He's lucky he's so cute. It's amazing we've been married for 49 years!
My DH used to do that too. If he couldn't find something, the only logical reason (to him) was that DD or I (usually the latter) took it and did something with it. He had (which I still have) a collection of Zippo lighters. They use flints which need to be replaced. he sometimes had a hard time finding them. I was in WM near work once and saw some so I picked them up. I gave them to him when I got home. About an hour later, he told me they were gone and I "did something with them". Nope. Once they were in his hands I did not see them again. This went on and on. Later on that evening, I was going out back to the screen room. He kept his Zippos in a clear case on the wall in the living room (they are still there). I happened to glance at the case and saw something else near the top. It was the flints. I brought him in, pointed at them and asked how they got there. He had to admit that I hadn't "done something with them." :rolleyes2:

They are still sitting in that spot all this time later as neither DD nor I smoke.