Question of the Day - Monday, August 17, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the first day of school for us! :geekcat:I am trying sooooo hard to get ready! (Technically it's the night before; but tomorrow I'm not anticipating sitting at the computer like I have been!) Many of the books we've used before; but some are new and I need to get more familiar with them. Some have more lessons as my kids are getting older. DD's history program has 180 lessons!! She's not even close to being in high school! I think i have prepared 500-600 flash cards that needed separating and I still have one more set to go. Their writing and grammar program came out with a new edition that's longer. Then I need to set up their work spaces and print off stuff. Watching DH cut down a tree on Saturday really took up time I needed to work on this; but that wasn't safe for him to do alone like that. Oh well. At least it's free coffee day at Dunkin! ;)

Are you an organized person?

I can be very organized. Or I can be a mess. It really depends on what it is. I am guilty of leaving clutter out; but I've got other things very well organized. At work I always had a system in place that kept things going well. Our school stuff is usually organized until the kid's papers pile up. I've got new plans for that this year. My records and documents are well organized. The master closet...don't ask! :paperbag:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I very organised. Like to have everything ready the night before or at least know exactly what I need to do. I hate being rushed, not knowing where something is that I need or late.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to be well organized. When I have a trip to the Pain Clinic, which I haven't had to do because
we've been having phone and ZOOM since COVID19, I have my clothing out the night before, the
make-up I'll be using, pillows, jacket or coat, shoes. I do this because the rides provided by the
insurance can be earlier than I've been told.

I hate clutter and I have a lot of it, but not by choice. Since the surgery almost 20 years ago, I've had
to adjust and make priorities. I've been trying to throw out stuff I don't need but it's a process.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very organized. I have to be for my job but I was that type of person long before I started working. I am a list person so I have lists for everything to make sure I don't forget anything and I do everything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do not roll with chaos, but I am a wee bit disorganized. I hate perfectly neat things.
Being too neat bothers me. It feels sterile and unwelcoming if that makes sense. You can be clean; and have a little clutter here and there. I was better before we had kids; but they are starting to get helpful. Except DS. His room is awful. I am purging on him soon. 😏
Very organized. I have to be for my job but I was that type of person long before I started working. I am a list person so I have lists for everything to make sure I don't forget anything and I do everything.
I kept lists and logs at work. It was amazing how many times my call log and notes backed the doctor up. And I found a lot of unpaid things we were able to bill for again. Whoever had my last job before me missed a lot! I’m nowhere near that good at home though. :paperbag:
Extremely organized at work but semi-organized at home. ;)
Thats probably more how I was pre-kids. I think teaching them to clean up after themselves is the most frustrating part of parenting for me. Its funny what I used to consider a mess. Its just a continual process I guess.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very organized and everything has a place. Open any of my closets and they are neat and tidy. But when I am in the midst of a project, large or small, which is most of the time, I can make the biggest messes with tools and stuff everywhere. So part of weekly cleaning is making sure that everything has been put back in its assigned spot.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't say I'm organized or disorganized. I've tried using a planner in the past but I could never use it consistently. I'm good at remembering appointments in my head, but I keep them in my phone as back up as well. My house isn't as organized as I'd like it to be but I still feel like I'm settling in since I moved 5 months ago. I think I'll feel more settled when I have all of the furniture I need (the dining room table is the last big thing) and my craft room is set up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. But I can't really organize stuff here because my mom won't let her hoarding clutter be touched or moved. 👎

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I do OK, I guess. My desk is usually tidy, unless I'm in a cooking frenzy and have cookbooks laying all over. I do prefer things to be neat and I'm not a fan of clutter at all.

Rick's desk, more often than not, looks like it was hit by a hurricane and his bureau in the bedroom is the same way. And he's getting to the point where he can't find much of anything anymore. Of course, when he can't find something, it's because I "put it somewhere". No I don't. He has three different caps dangling on the kitchen chairs because he'll "wear them at some point". Two pairs of sunglasses and his regular glasses on the kitchen table. The mail clutters the table, unless I sort it....and then he yells at me because I sorted the mail and he didn't see it first. Well, it's been there for a week! Look at it! That's the kind of thing that I find frustrating. I'm not allowed to clean his desk or his bureau because he knows where everything is. But, no. He doesn't. If he did, he wouldn't say, "Pamela? What did you do with my keys?" "Pamela, where's the shed key?" for the lawnmower. What did I do with his keys? Me? Seriously? He's lucky he's so cute. It's amazing we've been married for 49 years!