Question of the Day - March 18th!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh. I love a good English fry-up!
Only when I'm in the UK, though......and doing alot of hiking and walking around that day.

But I do love omelets, so I guess my favorite would be a nice Western omelet, hash browns, sausages, toast, juice, good black coffee. Yum.

Don't do that very often, though. I usually just have eggs and bacon on the weekends......other than that, it's oatmeal in the morning.....not my favorite, but I have to have breakfast.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite breakfast is eggs benedict with smoked salmon and capers OR potato & egg breakfast tacos with salsa and black beans OR bacon & egg with hash browns, OR whole-grain blueberry pancakes from scratch with real maple syrup and scrambled eggs.

I LOVE breakfast!

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

...I actually made Hollandaise sauce from scratch once
All it is is eggs yolks and butter!...
And don't forget, lemon juice. Citrus is good for you, LOL!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smoked Salmon on Bagels with Cream Cheese is one of my Favs. I do not really eat Eggs but I do love Egg Ben or Spinach Ben too. We do not eat Breakfast that much. I just have O.J or a Soy Milk Shake mixed with Yogurt.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm not a big fan of syrup,
There is syrup, and then there is syrup. Most people in the U.S. have never tasted real maple syrup. I would imagine our Canadian members have tasted real maple syrup. It's like comparing margarine to butter.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

My favorite breakfast is eggs benedict with smoked salmon and capers OR potato & egg breakfast tacos with salsa and black beans OR bacon & egg with hash browns, OR whole-grain blueberry pancakes from scratch with real maple syrup and scrambled eggs.
Ohhhh.. I forgot about smoked salmon and capers and a little onion & cream cheese on a bagel. All tasty things that should be on the Easter buffet I'll be going too. Is it Easter yet?!

And don't forget, lemon juice. Citrus is good for you, LOL!
D'oh, I knew we were forgetting something.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May favorite is French toast with butter and powder sugar sprinkled on top.
Second to that would be an egg over-easy with toast.
Great, now I am hungry. Thanks a lot.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If they were it's a new one on me

Really?, why does it get that name Fran?
Well, you know, after you've messed up the pan with whatever meat, and then tomatoes and mushrooms and whatever else, it's pretty messy, and the eggs come out anything but pretty white. But I ate and adored that meal for lots of years, before I was at a co-worker's cottage one weekend with a bunch of others from the office. We were all pitching in to make breakfast, and B (the hostess) was presiding over the frying of the eggs. I passed by and purred over her shoulder, "OOOOOOOOOOOO, lovely, dirty eggs!" B, who could sometimes be a little anal, looked somewhat aghast and said, "Well, I'm glad you said 'lovely'!" So the name has kind of stuck.

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

There is syrup, and then there is syrup. Most people in the U.S. have never tasted real maple syrup. I would imagine our Canadian members have tasted real maple syrup. It's like comparing margarine to butter.
A perfect comparison, Lee! I really haven't much use for ordinary syrups, but we always have mapel syrup with our waffles or French Toast, and it's wonderful!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for breakfast i like to have a nice bowl of cereal, toast or egg's! the odd occasion, it's nice to have a cooked breakfast!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like dipping eggs, toast, sausage, and hashbrowns. French toast is good. I'm not too crazy about pancakes though. Sometimes I like to make a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and maybe some sausage or bacon, and some red hot sauce. . Oatmeal is also good...if I do eat cereal I am picky about what kind it is. Life cereal is one of my favorites.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a homemade waffle fan myself, when I was little my grandmother lived with us for several years. Every Sunday morning she would make Homemade Waffles and serve them with sliced berries, peaches or my personal favorite blackberry preserves...
It was her way of getting us all out of bed so we would go to church with her.
My waffles are no where near as good as hers, but I do make them for a treat every once in awhile..

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the cafeteria at the hospital where I work, they serve Breakfast Pizza on Mondays. Yummmm....a nice crispy pizza crust, topped with scrambled eggs, cheeses, and crumbled bacon or sausage pieces. That's definitely my favorite breakfast. Every other day of the week it's yogurt and a granola bar for breakfast!

I've got a great recipe for a breakfast casserole...eggs, O'brien potatoes, cheese and sausage, all cooked in a big casserole dish. It's my favorite dish to make for breakfast when I have company. So easy to toss all the ingredients together the night before and just throw in the oven when you get up! It tastes great warmed up in the microwave later, too!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally don't eat a big breakfast during the week, maybe a bowl of oatmeal if I'm hungry when I get up. But I LOVE scrambled eggs and bacon and toast. I'm very picky on my scrambled eggs; they have to be light and fluffy, with no brown spots on them from overcooking. Mmmmmmmm.

I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow, I don't manage to eat breakfast most mornings (when you're up and start cooking lunch @4 am, you don't want to see breakfast, lol!!) When I do eat, is usually cold cereal or hot steel cut oats.....muchly prefer waffles with bacon and scrambled eggs.....hmmmm now am hungry!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omelets are zeee best! Otherwise I can't eat eggs...they won't sit well in my stomach.

Pancakes, French Toast...OMG I can't decide!

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like to have a bowl of cinnamon oatmeal, toast and jam, eggs, and a couple slices of banana.

What I would *really* love to do is sit down and have a giant plate of maple smoked bacon. But I'd gain 5lbs if I even looked in the general direction of bacon