Question of the Day, Late Edition for Saturday 23 April, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Weekend!!!

Reached 80 degrees here in Ohio yesterday and will today as well!!!! back down to the 30s soon, ha!!!!

I was pondering class acts, people you admire for their strength, courage, kindness, etc. Doesn't have to be a famous person. can be someone from long ago,
in history,. or a cat with those qualities..they can even be stuck-on-stupid but be a class act.πŸ’ž

My Welsh sis, my mush
,πŸ’ž@verna daviesπŸ’–

My parents were class acts, both of them..miss them sooo very muchπŸ’–πŸ’πŸ’ž
My Vincie girl was THE CLASS ACTπŸ’žπŸ’–πŸ’

Name your class actsπŸ’–

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have known more than a few class acts in my life (hey, I'm old!) but the one that comes to mind first is Jcatbird Jcatbird . How she continues to do what she does, given all her trials and tribulations is nothing short of amazing. Another is Mr. Bates, one of my high school math teachers. Never excited; always unflappable; he was a good one.
For a class cat, none other than our Angel cat, Burdock.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have known more than a few class acts in my life (hey, I'm old!) but the one that comes to mind first is Jcatbird Jcatbird . How she continues to do what she does, given all her trials and tribulations is nothing short of amazing.
I agree wholeheartedly!

At the moment my own siblings can be a joint class act. Our youngest sister, fourteen years my junior, a single parent, died unexpectedly just before Easter leaving 2 daughters - one still at university, the other recently graduated but not yet in normal well-paid employment - both with student debts. There are 5 of us scattered over the globe, but within a very short time the expected funeral and probate costs were more than covered by our donations. According to her will, and perhaps with a bit of luck, all the stray cats, she had been feeding, will be cared for by the Cat Protection Charity, even if we have to give them an additional donation (or bribe!) None us live anywhere near the area so we have no alternative.

I'm far too deeply involved in family to think more generally about the question - and too many cats have shared my life for me to be able to select one in preference to another.
Maybe some other answers will jolt me out of my present rather introverted mood.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first person that comes to mind is my late Great Grandmother. She was....a saint. I was lucky to have known her for as long as I did. She passed when I was about 12. People young and old just gravitated to her. Even the most cranky and high strung person could find peace in her presence. She was even known in the homeless/vagabond community as a place to be welcomed and given a meal. They did not have much (as most did not in her time) but she would get a knock on the door and was more than happy to make them a sandwich and give them a drink. If my Great Grandfather was home, she would sometimes allow them to come in and take a shower, she would wash their clothes...If she was home alone though, she would let them stay in the porch. They took care of her though, and would only share my wonderful Great Grandmother to those passing thru who would treat her well. And even though she would have given no matter what...they would also respect her enough not to take advantage of her generosity.
She was blind and weak for the time that I knew her, so she didn't "do" much. But when ever we went to visit, she would be laying in bed or sitting on her recliner, with her rosary in hand. We would go bounding in..."Hi Grandmaman!" (we're french)...and the first thing he would say is "Hello, insert grandchild name...Go grab my purse"....and out would come a quarter, then a loonie as we got older. She had a never ending supply of change...
She's actually really hard to explain...so kind and calm. So giving and humble. So strong and resilient. She really was a saint. No matter who you were, or how well she knew you. She made you feel like the most important person...but the catch is...she really DID care, and you WERE the most important person when you were with her. Her sincerity was the most genuine that I have ever had the pleasure to experience.
Even animals gravitated to her...like...Disney princess type gravitation...
I could keep going but I think you get the picture....she was just one of the most beautiful souls our earth has been blessed with.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Welsh sis
What about your real sis Nicole? She seems pretty wonderful and a good cook!

My parents were class acts, both of them
Lucky! I think my Dad would be a class act if my demon mom wasn't around controlling everything. But he won't stand up to her and make things better, so can't say he's a full class act. Just part way. I wish he would have gotten to spend some of his life with a good woman. He deserves it.

Same here, she has even offered to take me in to get me away from my mom. Even though I didn't accept, I will never forget her kindness. It's more than my own family will do. I can't really think of anybody else. I have a rich brother who does nothing for anyone, only criticizes. My middle brother is very kind and tries to help when he can. But he won't stand up to my mother either.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter is the first person I think of with this question. She has EDS and needs to use aids to walk. She puts up with constant pain and other problems, she's a single mum of 3 and has the patience of a Saint. No matter how much pain she's in she always makes sure the kid's don't suffer because of it. Drags herself out of bed every morning and puts a smile on her face no matter what. Dislocated shoulder no problem pop it back strap it up and get on with the day. Knee has popped I'll use my scooter. She's my hero without realising it. And I'm so lucky she's my daughter.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The first class act that comes to mind is my cousin who was 11 years older than me. I used to call her my big sister. She was extremely kind and helpful not only when I was growing up but through my entire adult life. She was my mentor and paragon when I was in college. I even chose the same major as her. I never heard her say an unkind word or get mad. Unfortunately she passed away several years ago but I have wonderful memories of her, a definite #1 class act! :heartshape:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
would be my current gf she is a kidnapping sexual assault survivor from before meeting me and lost her scholarship at usc when her life fell apart from the assault i met her when her life was just a mess full of emotional and mental scars etc from that assault she lived through.with therapy she was able to go back to usc twice for a masters and a doctorate graduating with a 4.0 and honors each time . she is a class act to rise above all she lived through or the crazy one according to all my friends to have me tamed,chained and put on a leash:rolleyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
OOPS!!! Sorry Cole!!πŸ’– Mush is my real sis as well, just not bio!!πŸ’ž
My sister for making sure the family dynamics and trauma that we grew up with stop with our generation so my nieces don't have to live with it.
So very sorry, AlyssaπŸ’ž

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

Lucky! I think my Dad would be a class act if my demon mom wasn't around controlling everything. But he won't stand up to her and make things better, so can't say he's a full class act. Just part way. I wish he would have gotten to spend some of his life with a good woman. He deserves it.

Same here, she has even offered to take me in to get me away from my mom. Even though I didn't accept, I will never forget her kindness. It's more than my own family will do. I can't really think of anybody else. I have a rich brother who does nothing for anyone, only criticizes. My middle brother is very kind and tries to help when he can. But he won't stand up to my mother either.
Mags get &*(% out of there!!! You can come here!!!πŸ’ž

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mags get &*(% out of there!!! You can come here!!!
Thanks love. Do you live in town? Another TCS member invited me to come live with her, but she lives 30 minutes out in the country, same as me here. I hate country living!!! I'm a town girl. Like within walking distance of Walmart town girl. I might just have to take welfare's offer to move me to the town 30 minutes from here. I'm just scared that I can't provide for the cats on that little money. Plus they said they only help for one year now, then I have to try to do it on my own. Welfare To Work they call it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks love. Do you live in town? Another TCS member invited me to come live with her, but she lives 30 minutes out in the country, same as me here. I hate country living!!! I'm a town girl. Like within walking distance of Walmart town girl. I might just have to take welfare's offer to move me to the town 30 minutes from here. I'm just scared that I can't provide for the cats on that little money. Plus they said they only help for one year now, then I have to try to do it on my own. Welfare To Work they call it.
I live 3 blocks from town. Take them up on their offer...you will be able to do it Mags as you are stronger than you think!!!πŸ’–πŸ’ž :yess: :cheerleader::dance::yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live 3 blocks from town. Take them up on their offer.
I've always wanted to live in that town 30 minutes from here. It has a Mall, Restaurants, Walmart, Grocery Stores. My grandmother lived there and my cousins. My dad grew up there. Wish he hadn't moved way out here. He wishes so too. But he thought it would be fun to buy a fixer upper and live out in the woods. He found out the hard way and he let the house fall down around us. Country living is too hard and there is no life here, except for wildlife.