Question of the Day- January 4th

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cant forget beef liver or calf liver (gross even with tons of mustard)
What about smelt??? (Crunchy!)

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A former landlady used to make an octopuss casserole that was delish! She wouldn't tell me what it was until I took a bite. I used to beg her to make it after that! lol!
Have eaten escargot, squid, and calamari.
My BIL is quite the hunter so we have venison, elk, mooseburger on a regular basis. In fact, we are having antelope steak for dinner tonight. Yum!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being as I'm first generation American with immigrant parents from Hong Kong and the Philippines, I've tried all sorts of things!

Chicken feet, "chocolate pudding" (actually a cooked type of pigs' blood), sea cucumber, shark, turtle, squid, octopus, an assortment of tropical fruits and vegetables, alligator, buffalo, tripe...

I'm sure there's more, I just think of any right now.
There's very little I'm afraid to try by now!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isabel

Puffin.

I thought it was chicken at first, but it was a bit ...different. I was then told it was actually puffin.
Poor puffin!!!
They are a protected species here, so no chance of trying any puffin here....legally anyway.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive had alligator, calamari, oysters,pig ears,rocky mountain oysters, shark, deer, fox, rabbit,quail,ostrich...I think thats about it I liked about all of it except for the fox and rabbit which I wasnt told about til after I ate it I will never eat it again..

hollow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have never tried it and won't but alot of people around here eat Neutra Rats.

I love the Telequila worm post (sorry didn't get the name), I would say yes, that would count, only if you remembered doing it! hehe.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hollow

I love the Telequila worm post (sorry didn't get the name), I would say yes, that would count, only if you remembered doing it! hehe.
I'm the worm girl
and actually I do remember doing it.
Probably because it was my first shot of the night...now had it been the 5th or 6th somehow I don't think I would have remembered

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

No one has mentioned cavier (salty), oysters (chewy).
In Wisconsin fresh cheese curds (YUMMY!!!!!)
Caviar is wonderful. Don't have it often, but love it -- not weird.
Oysters are wonderful cooked, but I can take 'em or leave 'em on the shell -- don't mind them, but I just don't "get it", and don't care for half the ocean and a quarter of the beach along with it.

Originally Posted by GailC

Cant forget beef liver or calf liver (gross even with tons of mustard)
Liver is one of my favourite things -- not weird -- and especially wonderful on the BBQ. Can't wait for summer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

I'm the worm girl
and actually I do remember doing it.
Probably because it was my first shot of the night...now had it been the 5th or 6th somehow I don't think I would have remembered
one tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, floor!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cow tongue!
it was at a 4-H "survivor" themed camp and my best friend dared me to try it with her so I did. to say the least I hate roast beef now since it tasted like fatty roast beef it was nasty! I have also had caviar (fish eggs) on ritz crackers and I actually didn't find that weird but seriously I wouldn't try it again! I have tried chicken baby food at that survivor themed camp and it was gross but I wouldn't call that weird since babies eat it.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably Haggis. But I love that stuff.

I am not very adventurous when it comes to food but people around here in NZ eat huhu grubs - apparently they taste like peanut butter. No thanks.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

shark!

it's actually quite nice LOL
Not so weird, if you ask for fish n chips in an Aussie take-a-way shop its usually shark, or hake.
The worst thing I've eaten is lambs brains, luckily I was a baby & don't remember.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
moth balls
and gasoline

both in the same week,, no wonder my mother thought i would not make it to be old

Vegemite, and durian hvae to be the worse..
hmm i think the moth balls tasted better. lol

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Iwould have to say that at one of the warehouses i have worked in, this particular ones original mother warehouse is located in Rancho Dominguez, California, and the shipping manager was mexican. His wife came from california to live and before she started working for us she would come and bring Alberto lunch every day. Well she only cooked mexican food and brought in tacos one day. She usually brought extras for there was few enough peops in the warehouse that everyone fed each other. She asked me if i wanted to try and of course i love non american foods so i tried it, the meat was little tiny cube and thought it was kinda odd but tried it anyway. It tasted delicious, and i asked her what the meat was. I had to swallow really hard when she told me. IT WAS COW TONGUE.... ewwwwwwww i thought but then listened to my palate and fixed me another. So the moral of my story is i dont turn my nose up to most foods now regardless of how it sounds. One other thing i would never eat as a kid was eggplant. It jsut simply looks like something you dont eat. but at this same company, another lady brought me in some eggplant parmesean to try and OMG am i ever hooked on it!!!!!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

mine was seal
it was like a mouthful of sand!
Ha! I actually had a DREAM last night that I was eating seal! I think it's because I've been reading the His Dark Materials series before bed, and they're always eating seal

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have eaten ostrich a few times and it's pretty good. Also I have eaten Rattlesnake which really doesn't have much flavor at all..

Venison which isn't to bad, and moose which I really didn't like the taste of.