Question Of The Day, Friday, September 8

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember the first time I had Miracle Whip. I was probably about five. I loved tomato sandwiches, but this one tasted bad! It took me a week to figure out it was the Miracle Whip my mother had used that made the food taste so bad. I thought it was the black pepper! :lol: I'm not that fussy about mayonnaise brand. Duke's, Hellman's or Kraft is fine. I enjoyed the organic mayonnaise I got at Lidl's a few weeks ago, too. But no Miracle Whip!
Miracle Whip on a tomato sandwich? Oh no. No. No. No. No. JUST NO. That's so nasty. Have your tastebuds forgiven you yet even though you were just a child at the time? :lol:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Miracle Whip on a tomato sandwich? Oh no. No. No. No. No. JUST NO. That's so nasty. Have your tastebuds forgiven you yet even though you were just a child at the time? :lol:
My taste buds still wince when I think about that sandwich, but I promised to be much more careful. We both consider it a lesson learned. :thumbsup:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My taste buds still wince when I think about that sandwich, but I promised to be much more careful. We both consider it a lesson learned. :thumbsup:
My DH liked both(I didn't find this out until AFTER I married him- it would have been a deal breaker :lol:). We used to buy the Great Value mayo (I really think it's made by Hellmann's) but one horrible day I grabbed what I though was a jar of mayo and made tuna salad. It was the GV version of Miracle Whip that DH put in the cart behind my back- the labels are almost identical. It totally ruined my tuna salad. My taste buds were SCREAMING at me. "What IS this? What have you done to us? Tuna salad is NOT supposed to be sweet!" They still complain about it to this day! :lol::lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mayo, definitely mayo! i don't totally dislike miracle whip, but it's just not the same or as good as mayo, imo.

i'm not overly particular about the brand of mayo i buy. most times i'll buy Aldi's brand, Burmans. sometimes i'll buy Wegman's brand. both taste fine to me. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think the only reason I use both in salad dressings is because that's how my mother did it. We all liked it, so I stuck with it.

My BIL refuses to eat anything with Miracle Whip. He does like my potato salad and macaroni salad, but he specifically has asked me not to put MW in it. My sister says, "Oh, he'll never know; just use it!" but, you know, if you don't like something and it can easily be avoided, then why use it? I wouldn't want that done to me, so I'd never do it to somebody else. That's my take anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Either. I'm only picky about ketchup. :lol:
The ketchup is this house is only Heinz. I do make homemade ketchup from time to time and it's good. But it's not Heinz.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer Hellman's. I don't care for Miracle Whip. I have been trying to switch completely to brown mustard for sandwiches to cut down on fat. I have done pretty good with that but I occasionally have to use Hellman's instead.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DH liked both(I didn't find this out until AFTER I married him- it would have been a deal breaker :lol:). We used to buy the Great Value mayo (I really think it's made by Hellmann's) but one horrible day I grabbed what I though was a jar of mayo and made tuna salad. It was the GV version of Miracle Whip that DH put in the cart behind my back- the labels are almost identical. It totally ruined my tuna salad. My taste buds were SCREAMING at me. "What IS this? What have you done to us? Tuna salad is NOT supposed to be sweet!" They still complain about it to this day! :lol::lol:
:alright: I don't blame them. They got tricked into tasting stinky garbage feet. :cringe::disappointed:

Oh; mayo is always Helmans here. And ketchup is Heintz. I don't even care for Kraft's tartar sauce.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
For sandwiches, I usually prefer mayo (though miricle whip i s ok in most cases), but if you want to up your french fry game, dip them in Aldi's store brand "Burmans spread" ( basically their generic miricle whip, but actually less better tasting, imo), because short of imported premium fries sauces from Europe, it cant' be beat...