Question Of The Day, Friday, September 8

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :woo:

Easy question this morning: Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Or both?

I use both. Rick uses Kraft Light Mayo on sandwiches; I use Miracle Whip Light. I use a combination of mayo and Miracle Whip in my dressings for tuna, potato, macaroni, etc salads.

Rick prefers Kraft Mayo, although we've used Hellmann's before. Duke's Mayonnaise isn't bad at all. We won't use a store brand mayo.

What about you?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Hellman's gal. I like a bit of Miracle Whip in my tuna salad with Hellman's.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miracle Whip definitely! I will eat mayonnaise if it is served, but I love the 'tang' of the other! It's like eating regular fried chicken and then Kentucky Fried, both are good, just different!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
ONLY Kraft mayonnaise. Never Miracle Whip. Never. And the Duke's here is the same as Blue Plate elsewhere. We tried it and it was four thumbs down. Hellman's will do in a pinch but it has to be a hard, tight pinch.

Did you know that Kraft's has garlic in it? Maybe that's why we like it so much.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only mayonnaise. It has to be Kraft, the full fat stuff. No substitutions will do. The only way to make decent potato salad is with Kraft. I just gotta have it.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never Miracle Whip.
Never. Ever. Never. Too odd tasting to me and doesn't mesh well with things like tunafish.

Personally I prefer Duke's mayo which can not be purchased in the northeast areas in stores. I actually order it online for home delivery.

Hellman's too but after decades of using it and finding Dukes, it got the boot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neither, sorry, no mayo and no miracle whip for this girl. :sorry: If I'm making a sandwich I use hummus instead.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the first time I had Miracle Whip. I was probably about five. I loved tomato sandwiches, but this one tasted bad! It took me a week to figure out it was the Miracle Whip my mother had used that made the food taste so bad. I thought it was the black pepper! :lol: I'm not that fussy about mayonnaise brand. Duke's, Hellman's or Kraft is fine. I enjoyed the organic mayonnaise I got at Lidl's a few weeks ago, too. But no Miracle Whip!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We always get Kraft Light for home but I am not picky about my mayonnaise. Miracle Whip was tried once in my house because a recipe called for it and it is no longer allowed. I don't understand it and it is just wrong, sorry to those who love it.

My 9 year niece is a mayonnaise fanatic and saw a post recently about putting mayonnaise on fries in Germany. She now wants to fly all the way to German to have fries where they "know how to eat them".

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Never Miracle Whip.
Never. Ever. Never. Too odd tasting to me and doesn't mesh well with things like tunafish.

Personally I prefer Duke's mayo which can not be purchased in the northeast areas in stores. I actually order it online for home delivery.

Try Blue Plate if it's available in your area. It and Duke's are one and the same, just different names in different parts of the country.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone ever make homemade mayo? It's the best.

Vegenaise is pretty good. Has a nice tang. I like it better than Miracle Whip. I like olive oil Hellmann's too.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CAINS Mayonnaise! NOTHING else is edible.

While I was in school outside of the Cains marketing area for 3 years, each trip home involved returning with one case of mayo. Met up with another student (still my friend after 40 years!) who lived in this area as well; and SHE was doing the same thing!

This is CAINS country! LOL