Question of the Day, Friday, October 25

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite is the basic Margherita, though I also really like prosciutto and mozarella and pepperoni. My favourite pizza places are probably Franco Manca or Pizza Express (two British chains) but I also enjoy a Zizzi's (another British chain).

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think we've ever met a type of pizza that we didn't like!Unfortunately in our little town,there's nobody but Pizza Hut (here,they've gone downhill),Little Caesar's and Domino's,and we tend to go back and forth between the 2 and don't go to Pizza Hut at all.I prefer a thin crispy crust,and he likes a deep pan,so most of the time there's a compromise and we get a hand tossed.Never have had grilled pizza so I can't say...I imagine it'd be great though.I do make homemade from time to time,and it's hard to decide what to put on it,so I just usually load it up with as much as the crust can handle and call it done.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the really thin pizza that tastes like a cracker. I like regular or thick crust. For toppings I like vegetarian, some combination of the following: pineapple, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, black olives. I love pizza by the slice, but most places only have cheese or pepperoni.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A small local pizza shop near college I went to has the best 🍕 Bertucci's pizza is pretty good. The big name chains have meh greasy pizza IMO.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in school, I worked at a pizza place for a while. We could have a free small pizza every day. I got so tired of most toppings. I started eating anchovy and jalapeño pizzas! Incredible! I still like them, but I usually get a vegetarian pizza now, with thin crust, New York style. Times Square Pizza, 15 miles from here, sells an excellent 25 inch pizza at a great price. I had to get 2.5 gallon bags to store the 12+ inch long leftover pieces, though!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like normal pizza sauce due to my tomato aversion, but I will happily eat white pizza or ones with a bbq base (yes, I know there's tomatoes in it. My aversion hasn't quite reached that far). If we order a pizza, we usually get Jet's because fiancé really likes them, and I can get a small with a bbq or ranch sauce.

I'm not big on chain pizza but...I do like Blaze which is wood fired thin crust particularly the "White Top" which is white cream sauce, mozzarella, bacon, garlic, arugula and oregano and then topped with a basil drizzle. SO delish!
That sounds absolutely mouthwatering!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thin crust with lots and lots of different meat. Anything but fish. Throw in some sliced portabella mushrooms and it's a great pizza.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It’s a really good thing I’m catching up on this thread just after ordering pizza and wings for dinner. :drool:

Really I like pizza almost any way you make it; except with pineapple. That’s just :barfgreen: to me. I just miss the pizza from home because no one makes it like that here. For a while they had a chicken wing pizza that was amazing! They basically pulled the meat from chicken wings and used it as a topping. You got your pizza and wings fix all at once.:drool::drool::drool:

Another very old pizzeria back home makes rectangular pizzas and puts the toppings under the cheese. I don’t typically order sausage as a topping; but their sausage is just that good! :agree:

I do likea good bbq chicken pizza. Sometimes a good veggie pizza. Or a white pizza with spinach. DD has always loved white pizza from the mall. They reheat your slices in the oven. Its really Good! They used to make a stuffed pizza with broccoli that they’d cover in sauce. I loved that but I don’t go to the mall often to see if they still make that. If I do; we just grab slices of whatever is out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I’d love the recipe. I worked at Pizza Hut but the dough was bagged, just add water, the sauce was in a can and the cheese it was a mozzarella mix of some other cheese. They used a big thing with spikes on it that they sunk in the pizza so it would cook evenly. Mmmmmmm
bbdoll22 bbdoll22 You might be interested in this link about the Priazzo: Pizza Hut Priazzo? - page 2 - American Style - Pizza Making Forum
There is a recipe on that page that a lot of people checked out, but quite a bit of information from people who (supposedly) worked at Pizza Hut when the Priazzo was made.

Evidently, the big secret to Priazzo and other stuffed pizzas is the heat sink. I wish I could find one at a yard sale or flea market; the new ones are expensive. Amazon.com: heat siink for pizza

I'll have to look for the recipe that I use.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thin Crust, Super Supreme at Pizza Hut. :)