Question of the Day, Friday, October 15

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to choose a neutral color for cars because I keep them forever. My current car is a silver metallic.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was looking for another car,I was driving a white bronco and it seemed like it showed every speck of dust and dirt.Fell in love with this maroonish red mercury sable and that was that.Still love it,even though I don't drive anymore.When hubby was looking for a truck,we found (same dealership) the same color truck as my car and thought it was cool that it was manufactured in Kansas City.Color had not really been a factor...just happened that way.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the HRV also came in a color they call midnight mulberry
Oooh, I like that! Not quite chameleon, but almost. Very pretty!

The salesman talked my mom into getting a burgundy Odyssey the last time she went vehicle shopping. He told her it was a rare color for minivans. Now everywhere we go we see burgundy minivans. It's become a family joke, even the grandkids are in on it, lol.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Purple. It is my signature color. :cloud9:

This is a stock photo but here it is.

View attachment 355069
If they ever start offerings cars in stock chameleon paint, I definitely want that! Costs too much for a custom job though.

View attachment 355115

I love red, but love these!!! Also someone mentioned Midnight Blue and I would love that as well.

I don't have a vehicle now nor do I drive but if I did I would choose one of the above, or Navy blue

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My current car is black. I do consider color when buying a car, even though I have only had three cars in my lifetime. I would like a dark grey car. My least favorite colors are brown, red (maroon is okay), and white. I would not reject a car of those colors if it was a good deal; however, I would not go out of my way to look for one.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adore red, Candy Apple red, not maroon. I finally got the perfect SUV, a Lincoln MKX, and absolutely love it, quietest and the best riding car we have ever owned. I had silver last time, was so blah. Love black, but it is HORRIBLE to keep clean. It shows every speck of dust. I HATE beige, and white is too blah and common too. (also the cheapest color, don't want that!) My husband drives a medium blue Ford F150 that is pretty too, but I think it is the chrome wheels that set it off and the pinstriping. It has a lot of chrome and I like that.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My current car is metallic bronze
3EDA11C3-2C84-4B4D-A69E-D3A3BCC9F508.jpeg

All my cars have been used so I never had a choice on color.
If I was able to choose I’d want a metallic black emerald color. It looks black in shade but in sun you can see the dark green.
I would never buy a white car too hard to keep clean and just not my style.

maeganj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I first read this question I thought it said cat and I was going to answer black and black smoke...but I also like black vehicles. My f250 is black and my jeep is black. The Subaru I had before the jeep was graphite grey with black interior, didn't get a black Subaru b/c it had light interior, I am paranoid of staining...

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RED! As long as the car is what I want mechanically I want it red. My car right now is silver. My hubby bought it for him, but decided that I should take it when the transmission went out on my car (a red Vibe). He bought another Subaru for himself and gave me the Forrester. This happened about a month after we got the Forrester. If I had known I would end up with it, I would have had him get the red one on the salesfloor that I loved. The Imprezza he bought is white - I hate it. He didn't care about color because it was a work car. Now I am trying to get rid of it since he can't drive any longer.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love red on a car. When I buy a car if there is a white one available that is what I get. I never really thought about it until I married someone who was really into cars and schooled me on them. White doesn't show nicks and small scratches as much as other colors. The darker the color the more those show so if one is available I get white.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
My first two cars were silver. When we decided to upgrade in prep of a future kiddo, my requirement was that the car not be silver! I'd always wanted a blue car, so I wound up with a gorgeous navy blue Honda CRV.

B's car is fire engine red. He loves the color and the car, a 2015 Prius.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a burgundy colored one, then a white one. I don't have a car now. Dad's truck is red and mom's car is black.