Question of the Day, Friday, October 15

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Another easy question this morning: What color is your car? When you're looking for a car, do you consider color? What color would you buy? What color would you not buy?

Most of my cars have always been red. Rick seems to be going with blue.
I do consider color and, when we bought the Tucson, I wanted it to be red. The salesman tried his best to get me to take a gunmetal grey with tiny red pinstripes down the side because it was on the lot, but I was adamant. I just like red. I don't like black or white as it shows dirt way too much, IMO. Nor do I like beige.

What about you?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the gunmetal gray! The sparklier the better, too. My current vehicle is that color, which was a plus but not the only reason I bought it. If I ever got a brand new vehicle that's what I would order.

If the vehicle is what I want/need at a good price, there aren't really any colors I absolutely wouldn't buy. . .but there are several I don't care for. The old mustard yellow/brown cars were hideous, but I don't think they make cars that color anymore. I don't like most green shades. There are some vehicles I've seen lately that have. . .well, not really matte, because they're shiny, but the paint isn't sparkly. I don't hate those colors but they look weird to me.

Unfortunately Subarus have those colors. This is the non-metallic one I've seen a lot of:
image.jpg

Ack, they do make mustard yellow cars still! "Plasma Yellow Pearl" yeah right.

image (1).jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Most of my cars have always been red.
Mine too. And when I bought my current car I knew I wanted to go with red again. The dealer didn't have any red ones on the lot, and like you the salesman tried to sell me on a different colour. They ended up doing a trade with another dealership and had a red one shipped here for me. 🚗

As for colours I probably wouldn't buy white, only because I've heard they can be hard to see when it's snowing.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My current car Midnight Blue! Which I really like, very elegant and different looking. I tend to gravitate towards blue cars. But it has to be a really nice blue, I find a lighter blue gets dated quickly. I also like red and soft pink.

Altogether I tend to like any colour that sticks out reasonably well lol My mom's car is black and it takes me a pinch longer to spot it in a large parking lot. Whereas I can recall, see and find my car quite instantly.

Not really a van of tan/beige or orange. White and silver is neutral in my mind, but sometimes tricky to see in a winter country. I do like black OK but again it is something I find hard to spot in a crowd of cars.

And it honestly depends on the type of green or yellow lol some are nice some are nah.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My current car Midnight Blue! Which I really like, very elegant and different looking. I tend to gravitate towards blue cars. But it has to be a really nice blue, I find a lighter blue gets dated quickly. I also like red and soft pink.

Altogether I tend to like any colour that sticks out reasonably well lol My mom's car is black and it takes me a pinch longer to spot it in a large parking lot. Whereas I can recall, see and find my car quite instantly.

Not really a van of tan/beige or orange. White and silver is neutral in my mind, but sometimes tricky to see in a winter country. I do like black OK but again it is something I find hard to spot in a crowd of cars.

And it honestly depends on the type of green or yellow lol some are nice some are nah.
I like midnight blue also. I usually look for darker colors like dark blue, dark red, dark gray, etc. The colors I can't stand are yellow, orange, brown, etc. I'm also not big on white but it's not a dealbreaker if it's like a pearl white.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My car is red/maroon. I don't really consider color. I've only ever bought used cars or they were hand-me-downs, so I've never chosen a color. If I were to get a new car, I don't know what color I would choose. It would really depend on the type of car to be honest.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the old days (!'m ancient) money was short and there wasn't much choice: black was the most prominent color for a car so, as students, we had a rather old BLACK Austen, followed by another rather old, GREY Ford. Moving to Germany, having to drive on the other side of the road and still short of cash we bought a small secondhand Audi which was DARK GREEN! 💚

The next car - once more, we were desperate but money wasn't such a big problem - we bought another Audi: it was a good car but - YELLOW! 💛

The next, also an Audi: BLUE METALLIC. We chose the color this time. 💙

The first car I bought just for me was an old Renault 5: it was ORANGE! 🧡
When this almost fell apart, I found a new VW Polo, special edition: it was RED. 🚗
The next was also a new Polo but WHITE.
I am now back to secondhand cars so color is even less of a deciding factor. VW Polo again but BLACK. 🖤

:rbheart::rbheart::rbheart:All colors of the rainbow except for indigo and violet. As you can see, I am not particularly fussy about the color of my car!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first car, a '68 Mustang fastback, was candy apple red
Next was a forest green pickup truck
Then a dark blue pickup
Then another forest green truck
Then a light green SUV
Then a red SUV
Then a steel gray SUV
Now a ruby red SUV
I don't really care too much about color when looking at vehicles, as long as it isn't something like mud brown, chartreuse, or pink

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My current car is silver. Its what the dealership had in our price range. DH and I have mostly had black cars. My first car was silver before I had it. Most of its paint had worn off.

I would prefer dark gray, black or the dark blue next time. I really dont like the green and brown subaru colors. Bleh.
Purple. It is my signature color. :cloud9:

This is a stock photo but here it is.

View attachment 355069
:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: I love it!! If Subaru’s came in purple; I’d totally have that!! That’s my only gripe with them; several of their color options are awful! But I’m not putting money into a custom paint job unless I hit a jackpot or something. 🤪 Maybe not even then. 😉

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first car was black gold. I liked that color.

My next was silver and I was cool with that, too.

Current car is white. Got it from CarMax after I totaled the last one and needed a new car right away. I'm not a fan of the color at all. It shows dirt super easily, but the car still works.

I'd love a green car!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I changed my car last week. My old one was dark metallic gray and my new one is...dark metallic gray, slightly different as the new one has red wing mirrors and red strip at the rear. The colour isn't important to me, I need it to be reliable.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a red 2010 Ford Fusion. The options on the lot (because my car died and had to get a new one quickly) were red and black. The red was the better of the two, so we got that one. I would be more likely to consider color if there was some variety. Unless things have changes, all I see much of are red, grey, white, and black. I've had two white cars.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my cars have been blue - light, dark, vidid, icy but all blue . So when I went looking for my current car I knew it would most definitely NOT be blue. I have to say, car colors these days are boring, with black, white and shades of gray or silver being predominate and I HATE all those colors. I also don’t like neon colors like yellow or orange.

Fortunately the car I liked, the HRV also came in a color they call midnight mulberry. In bright light you can see it’s slightly purple with a sparkle finish, other times it looks dark tan or even grey.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had 1 green, 1 grey, 1 gold, 1 silver and 4 blue cars. My favorite color for a car is blue and my least favorite would be black, red or yellow.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently have a grey car but I have had a lot of silver cars over the years. My first car was dark blue.