Question Of The Day, Friday, November 30

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m weird I’m not a cookie person. But come Christmas I buy a tin of Royal Dansk butter cookies. I hide the tin under my bed so I don’t have to share with my children. They are my guilty pleasure.
I'm not a big cookie person either but I love those too. Especially the ones shaped like pretzels. :yummy:

My oven is currently being used as storage but I might have to empty it out to make these. They sound SO good.

Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies

So do these

Spiced Butter Pecan Cookies

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every Christmas my mom used to make cookies that were made with Jello. She used a cookie press and they were delicious! Unfortunately the recipe got misplaced over the years and I have never been able to find one similar. :(
Those cookies were Christmas to me!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will eat any cookie that doesn't have anise in it, I can't eat anything that tastes like licorice. I prefer no raisins but I will eat oatmeal cookies that have a moderate amount of raisins in them. I think my favorite is the Peanut Butter Blossoms. As far as decorated Christmas cookies I prefer the Cream Cheese Cutouts, they are basically a sugar cookie with cream cheese added to the dough.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like cookies, but I don't really eat them. (I probably put away half a dozen cookies a year if I'm being generous, and it's not because they're gross, I just have a bad habit of chowing down too much during the meal and have no room left.)
My top pick for cookies are either soft sugar cookies or shortbread, or old fashioned chocolate chip.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like cookies, but I don't really eat them. (I probably put away half a dozen cookies a year if I'm being generous, and it's not because they're gross, I just have a bad habit of chowing down too much during the meal and have no room left.)
My top pick for cookies are either soft sugar cookies or shortbread, or old fashioned chocolate chip.
Of course those shortbread cookies must be dipped in dark chocolate. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really like cookies! :cloud9:

i don't bake them very often, but i do every so often. some of my favorites are oatmeal-peanut butter, (can't remember the name off-hand, but) these crispy coconut cookies i have a recipe for, thumbprint cookies -- that have a buttery-rich dough and a bit of jam in the 'thumbprint', oatmeal scotchies (with butterscotch chips).

most times, i'll make bars. in fact, i plan on making bars using strawberry jam as well as bars using strawberry jam and cocktail peanuts this year -- soon! those are new recipes to try! :D

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really like cookies! :cloud9:

i don't bake them very often, but i do every so often. some of my favorites are oatmeal-peanut butter, (can't remember the name off-hand, but) these crispy coconut cookies i have a recipe for, thumbprint cookies -- that have a buttery-rich dough and a bit of jam in the 'thumbprint', oatmeal scotchies (with butterscotch chips).

most times, i'll make bars. in fact, i plan on making bars using strawberry jam as well as bars using strawberry jam and cocktail peanuts this year -- soon! those are new recipes to try! :D
Well, I lied, those peanut butter type cookies usually get me to have at least a bite. Pretty tasty!
We both love to bake and it's a nice fun time for us to have together, so we usually bake enough to fill the need and share with our friends.
My wife once made some chocolate brownie things and added M&M's and Reeses Pieces to the mixture. Those were hard to resist, we froze some (which is always nice, because you can thaw one at a time vs. have to get through 3 dozen before they go bad!)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids let me know this almost first thing this morning. They have advent calendars they are looking forward to. :lol:

My favorite are what we've always called Italian Chocolate Chip cookies. They are heavier and shaped by hand. They go soooo good with a nice cup of tea.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any cookie is good, even oatmeal raisin when you are desperate. When it comes to Christmas cookies, my favorite is Russian teacakes.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is coconut cookies. Runner ups are peanut butter or oatmeal cookies.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was young, my German step-grandmother, a real sweetie, made about 6 kinds of cookies for Christmas. She never made them at any other time. They were so good! When I first tried them as a child, I though they were...odd. As I grew older, they seriously grew on me and they became a part of Christmas I really looked forward to.

A friend's girlfriend felt she owed me for something that she really did not. She knew I loved cookies and she made me some Cuban cookies that were the best cookies I have ever had. They were almond crescent cookies. OH. MY. GOD! They were made with almond flour and coated with powdered sugar. I only had them that one time in my life. They were gone quickly. I am almost sorry I shared them with my friends. :p