Question Of The Day, Friday, November 30

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

A Public Service Announcement: Christmas is only 25 days away!

That means, for me, that it's time to bake some cookies. Cookies are important in our house; Dear Richard is a cookie monster and he lives for cookies. I can pretty much ask him to do anything; if there's a cookie at the end of it, he'll do it. :lol: He's also the only person I know who will judge a cookbook solely by the cookie recipes found inside.

Rick and my niece want snickerdoodles (of course!). Rick also wants chocolate chip. Our son has asked for chocolate crinkles and some spritz cookies. The grands want something with peanut butter AND chocolate; that means I'll be making peanut butter-chocolate chunkers. Our DIL will be happy with those, too, although hers will have to be gluten-free. Rick's mother has requested either brownie cookies or white chip and macadamia cookies. Me? I want sand tarts! And sugar cookies! And I'm starting to bake on Saturday.

So.....what kind of cookie do you like? A special Christmas cookie? An any-old-time cookie? Rolled cookies or drop cookies? Bars? What's your cookie passion?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cookie :clap:Have cookie, will eat:D I think the only cookie I don't particularly like is gingerbread.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually only like homemade cookies and then only drop cookies. If they're hard and crunchy, they have no appeal to me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But come Christmas I buy a tin of Royal Dansk butter cookies.
Adding that to my list of disliked cookies. I hate Royal Dansk and the knockoffs:cringe: When I was growing up, we would be dragged to elderly relatives' homes to visit (most were home bound) and we would get an opened dusty Royal Dansk tin of stale cookies to eat:barfgreen: We had to eat the cookies to be polite.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding that to my list of disliked cookies. I hate Royal Dansk and the knockoffs:cringe: When I was growing up, we would be dragged to elderly relatives' homes to visit (most were home bound) and we would get an opened dusty Royal Dansk tin of stale cookies to eat:barfgreen: We had to eat the cookies to be polite.
I can see why you don’t like them.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't bake much but if someone else does the work, I will eat them. :yummy: Unless they have raisins in them. :barf:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like most cookies except snickerdoodles, and ginger bread. Or anything with coconut or peanuts. My favorite cookies are Toll House cookies.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to make a special Christmas cookie. It is a shortbread butter cookie that I put through the cookie press into small Christmas tree shapes. After they cooled, I dipped them in white chocolate and sprinkled them with multi-colored nonpareils. They are to die for. Real tooth-chompers.

I also liked to bake Toffee Bars and Berry Bars. I created the recipe for Berry Bars myself.

It's all past tense now because I don't have anyone to bake for, and I'm a diabetic. :(