Question of the Day, Friday, May 8

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I asked Rick about his choice and it turns out I was wrong about him. It used to be an apple pie thing with him, with frozen peanut butter pie a close second. He's changed his mind and it turns out he prefers cake. Specifically my Hershey's chocolate cake with whipped peanut butter frosting. But he did tell me that he would like to have a frozen peanut butter pie for our Memorial Day "picnic" with just the two of us.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on what I am in the mood for. You don't get fat by being picky! ;) For cake, my favorites are homemade German Chocolate or carrot cake. I don't get carrot cake much because my husband isn't a fan.Pies, it has to be my apple pie or pumpkin pie. I LOVE to bake (have won contests for my breads, pies and cookies). I don't get to do much anymore since we both are not supposed toe at it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just peanut butter, with no chocolate? If so, I would try it.
Here's the recipe. It calls for a chocolate crust and chocolate topping, but you can skip that and use any crust you want.

Recipes - Pies And Pastries

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

Chocolate Crunch Crust (below)
8 oz. cream cheese
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
4 oz. Cool Whip
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
Chocolate topping

In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, then peanut butter. Continue beating until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in Cool Whip. Turn into crust. Drizzle chocolate topping over pie. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Freeze leftovers.

Chocolate Crunch Crust: Melt 1/3 cup margarine and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Remove from heat; fold in 2-1/2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal until completely coated. Press mixture on the bottom and up the sides to the rim of a 9-inch buttered pie plate.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Here's the recipe. It calls for a chocolate crust and chocolate topping, but you can skip that and use any crust you want.

Recipes - Pies And Pastries

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

Chocolate Crunch Crust (below)
8 oz. cream cheese
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
4 oz. Cool Whip
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
Chocolate topping

In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, then peanut butter. Continue beating until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in Cool Whip. Turn into crust. Drizzle chocolate topping over pie. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Freeze leftovers.

Chocolate Crunch Crust: Melt 1/3 cup margarine and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Remove from heat; fold in 2-1/2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal until completely coated. Press mixture on the bottom and up the sides to the rim of a 9-inch buttered pie plate.
Why, oh WHY, did you have to post that recipe?!? Chocolate and peanut butter are my nemisis! :flail: