Question Of The Day, Friday, May 25

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in an urban suburb of London. Whilst it's urban there is still a lot of greenery around as pre-Industrial revolution my town and the surrounding towns were small countryside farming villages and a lot of the nature still remains. You can imagine what it would have been like before the railway station arrived and they were industrialised into towns.
I used to live right in the city centre but I'd love to move to the Kent countryside one day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rural. I would love to be even more rural though. I have neighbors here; but I also have farm fields around me. Some neighbors have chickens, goats, horses and cows.

My dream property would have enough wooded acreage to feel secluded and private; but maybe an acre or two cleared around the house to let me garden and have a pool. :cloud9:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are rural up on the side of a mountain. The closest town is 25 miles away with a population of 9500. The closest large city to us is about 100 miles away.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Suburban/semi-rural, meaning in a small town (population 9.5 thousand) surrounded by hills and forest, but it's only about 25 miles from a major city. We have 3 supermarkets and a couple of small shops. The number of the latter is dwindling.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
When we moved here, it was completely rural, with lots of dairy farms. We had all manner of wildlife. Now the city has come to us. The farms are being replaced by subdivisions and our little two-lane blacktop has become four lanes and a turning lane. The old two-lane blacktop from the city is now part freeway, and part of it is a toll road. Major stores and shops are within a couple of miles. I'm terrified that the big city is going to find a way to annex us.

I have to say I liked it better when it was rural. I remember when they put in a Stop 'n Go, the closest thing we had to a grocery store. We'd all go down in the evening to watch them stock the shelves. Fridays and Saturdays were especially big nights because it was then that the beer cases were stocked. The next closest place was a little mom and pop gas station/grocery store called Petticoat Junction that was open when they felt like it. The only things between our turnoff and the city freeway 14 miles away were three beer joints. I almost ran into a herd of stray big black cows one night.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in a suburb of Atlanta but it is pretty urban .I like the city. I like that the hospital is 4 miles. Thete is a 24 hour pharmacy 15 min away. The Wal Mart and grocery store are open 6 to 12. The Home Depot is 15 minutes away and is open from 7 to 10. There are 2 grocery stores and other shopping within 10 minutes or less. I am 8 miles and, more importantly, 15 min from work. So I have the advantages of being in tje city. But I am in a condo about a quarter mile back on the edge of the property. There is no traffic noise. In the morning I go out between 6 and 7 to feed the outside cats and you almost need ear plugs for all the birds. So I have some of the advantages of the country. I love to visit my family. They have 4 acres on the middle of corn or soybean fields depending on the year. But I would not want to live there. I like the convenience of the city even though I grew up in a VERY small town