Question of the Day, Friday, May 15

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I literally just bought a new laptop like 5 minutes ago. I'm currently using an HP laptop but it has been having issues running some high-memory-consuming programs I need for classes, so I figured I'd get a new one, that way I could also claim it as a school expense on my taxes. I use my computer in my living room. I sit on the couch with it and have a computer tray on wheels that makes it easier to use and keeps it from overheating like it would if it were in my lap.

I use a Kindle Fire when I'm in bed, but I primarily just read fanfiction on it and look things up when I should be sleeping. I try to keep the apps on my phone limited so I don't use it too much when I'm out and about and hanging out with people.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a MacBook Pro laptop that I bought in 2014, an iPad Mini, and an iPhone 8. I love gadgets. I use the laptop mostly for my volunteer writing, editing, and design gigs with the local field office of The Nature Conservancy and for our community newsletter. I use the phone only when I'm out of the house. The iPad, though, is practically glued to my hand throughout the day. I usually sit in the leather recliner I bought my husband one year for his birthday and which I have now appropriated for myself. The cats prefer it when sleeping on and around me, and after all, they run the place. :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've both got Acer laptops in the living room. Hubby uses his constantly, but I can go a week or so without turning mine on. We've got Samsung smartphones. He rarely even takes his along when he goes out and probably hasn't gone online with it more than 5-10 times. I use mine at home every day for WhatsApp messages and to go online when I'm out. He's now got a Samsung tablet - a gift from our nephew - that he uses upstairs in the spare bedroom for notes and videos when he's playing piano. What I use all the time is a Fire tablet, normally at the kitchen table, though sometimes on the balcony or in the backyard. For reading books, I use a Kindle Paperwhite everywhere.

Mowgli has an old Asus tablet of mine for his cat games. It barely holds a charge anymore. He meows at the cabinet where it's kept when he wants to use it, and I turn it on and put it on the kitchen floor for him. We have to keep our tablets and smartphones, as well as my Paperwhite, out of his reach when they're not being used, because he'll scratch at them to try to get to his cat games. His very favorite is a raven that caws and walks or flies across the screen. He pounces and can easily send a tablet or phone crashing to the floor, so we're careful.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a Toshiba laptop purchased in 2013. I also have an Acer that is brand new, given to me as a
Christmas gift in 2018.DIdn't open it as the Toshiba was able to be repaired for $50.00, long story.
I'm very happy with Toshiba as it was only guaranteed for 2 years and it will be 7 years in July that
I've had it. I also have a Fire that I use for reading.

Laptop living room
Tablet in bedroom

jcat jcat So cute that Mowgli has his own tablet, adorable! Would love to see pic of him playing his games, smart boy!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Dell laptop, which I'm on right now. If I'm posting in the music thread, you can figure I'm on my laptop because I copy/paste from youtube better on it.

I also have a LG smartphone, which I also use quite a bit - if I've posted a picture, it more than likely was posted from my phone because that's easier than transferring photos to my laptop just so I can post from there! I was a holdout for a smartphone for a long time and now can't live without it - I use it for internet, duolingo, recipe apps, gps, etc.

I have a kindle fire as well, but I mostly use that to play Frozen free fall.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an HP desktop with windows 10 that I bought a few months ago.I've gotten used to it,and it sits on my desk in our bedroom...printer to the left.I don't have a cell phone...hubby has a flip phone with no desire for a smart phone at all.