Question of the Day, Friday, May 1

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi has been keeping me up all night. He sleeps all day, then wants somebody to play with him all night. He climbs all over me, taps on my shoulder, and cries in my face. If I turn on my side, he tight-rope walks on my side.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my.... don't tell my DH about this please. He just had allergy testing that shows its NOT cats; but dogs that he is allergic to. After having cats for 15 years and not letting them on our bed. Mooch can't jump up anyway; but he already says he doesn't want any pets on the bed. I don't need to give him a new excuse now that we know he isn't actually allergic. :crazy: I regularly have to clean Mooch's backside since her mobility has declined a bit. But with petwipes that's no so bad.
Fortunately, this does not happen often. Usually only after my sheets have been washed. :rolleyes2:

They watch me make the bed and then have to double check my work by examining the entire thing.

When I tell DD, she rolls her eyes and says, "That's why they aren't allowed in my room." I can't exactly ban them from the room/bed at this point. Usually when I go into my room, Lily assumes it's sleeping time and she gets into snuggle position. How can I turn that down?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Pooped in my lap. I'm not even kidding. She did that. :eek::cringe::paperbag: The vet says she has some arthritis and then she has some constipation issues because of her meds. There is a reason I keep the couch covered!! But my lap!? Really!? :cringe:

She was on a roll that night. First she threw up a tiny hairball. Then I finally got to sit on the couch after everyone was in bed. I pulled my couch blanket over my lap and she knows that means it's lap time for her. So a very happy Mooch came chattering her way up to my lap and one just slipped right out. :cringe::doh::barfgreen: She was put out when I moved her to clean up and put my blanket in the laundry basket! Offended even! :lol:

After that she tried to raid the laundry basket for a dirty towel to roll on but with her weaker rear end (the vet says arthritis) she can't actually jump. It just makes her attempts to figure stuff our more amusing. And that's part of the reason she loses a little poo here and there if I don't keep her mirilax dose just right. She got into something else after that but right now I don't remember what that was. She's a 15 year old kitten!
Awww...sweet girl. My Cal gets them stuck on her bum sometimes so I use a warm soapy (Nivea body wash) and clean her private areas. One cloth for her genital area, and a separate one for her bum. I rinse those areas very well and then she's all clean and
smelling like Lily of the Valley. Nivea's scent. She doesn't mind it but she does mind me snipping back there.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Waking me up ALL NIGHT.
It's suddenly become cold. Sundar wants to get under the duvet. Then he doesn't. Then he does. Then the next time he doesn't, Nilah decides she'll have a go (they would never do anything together :rolleyes2:). He comes back and gets upset. They have quite a vocal debate about it. Nilah wins (she normally does). Then she decides she should eat. Sundar decides he wants to get back under the duvet while she's away. Then he doesn't. Then he does.
Repeat for seven hours.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Waking me up ALL NIGHT.
It's suddenly become cold. Sundar wants to get under the duvet. Then he doesn't. Then he does. Then the next time he doesn't, Nilah decides she'll have a go (they would never do anything together :rolleyes2:). He comes back and gets upset. They have quite a vocal debate about it. Nilah wins (she normally does). Then she decides she should eat. Sundar decides he wants to get back under the duvet while she's away. Then he doesn't. Then he does.
Repeat for seven hours.
I think the solution is the old age parenting advice that never works: sleep when they sleep! Ha! :rolleyes2:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Our cat Rico was the king of cutting across your path when you were trying to walk down the hallway. We almost tripped over him a million times. We recently lost him and figured at least we'd be able to walk in peace now, but no. His sister Zoe has taken up his job. She will hear one of us going down the hall, races down the hall with us, and then at some moment for no apparent reason whatsoever, suddenly cuts across the path. :runningcat: Aarrgghh.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm working from home (or as someone said, at home trying to work), and Austin likes to help me. Of course he can't just come up and lay next to me, he has to walk back and forth, walk across the keyboard, sit on my laptop, use the monitor as a scratching post, shredding my papers, etc. Cricket joins me sometimes too, but she's much more polite.

Cricket likes to wake me up at early o'clock for her breakfast. I don't blame her, she can't open the pouch herself and she got used to eating early when I got up at 5 AM to physically go into work. But she has this piercing meow, and she won't stop until I get up and feed her. It's Meow! (pause, pause) Meow! If I try to ignore her, she jumps up on my nightstand to get closer to my ear. She has also taken to wanting 2 or 3 breakfasts and she'll meow at me until I get one for her. She doesn't eat that much of it, but I can't leave it down like I used to for her to grave because of the ants, and I can't save it because she won't eat leftovers. I've told her I can't keep doing this because this isn't cheap food! I haven't been furloughed yet but my hours have been cut and I hate wasting food (theirs or ours). Of course, when I get her something Austin is there too saying where the heck is mine!

But I love them, so they aren't really pests. And I think they like me being home.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not annoying per se, but it's frustrating. They both run away when I walk by them doing something because they think they are in trouble when they aren't. They seem to think they are in trouble a lot, but I'm not sure why. The only time I punish them, well Remy is the only one I have to punish, is when he bites me for no reason and I just harshly say, "Hey!" or "Stop it!"