Question of the Day, Friday, May 1

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: Happy May (Day)!

We've been Sheltering now for several weeks and have had time to spend with our furkids. So the question today is:

What's the most annoying thing your furkid has done lately?

We've been dealing with Miss Amber Louise screaming and yelling early in the morning, starting around 4:00. It's downright annoying. When she gets too bad and too loud, I get up, get dressed, and go out to the shed for a while. Recently, Mollipop started joining her in song. I picked Molli up this morning, and took her out and dropped her over the gate as I thought she just wanted to go into the living room. She immediately quieted down. Not Amber.

What about your furkid?

Katie656

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For some reason our kitties like to scatter their litter, EVERYWHERE! They cannot walk past a clean tray without getting in and making a few adjustments. This means that litter is constantly been tracked around the whole house, despite my constant sweeping. Of course I would normally be at work, not at home worrying about the neverending spreading of litter, but thanks to Covid I am at home with nothing to distract me :fuming::lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I've been working from home, they get to go out back in the screen room more often. My desk is right by the slider that goes out there so Lilith has been hollering for "OUT" constantly. She starts as soon as I get up at 530 AM. Then she wants back in. Then back out. I have been trying to keep her on a "schedule" but it's not easy because she's a cat and won't listen to reason. :lol:

Sophie's not as bad but when she is out back and wants back in, if I don't let her in immediately, she bangs on the door like a furry lunatic. There's a sliding screen door that she figured out how to rattle to get my attention and bangs on it like she was being chased by the hounds of hell. Kids. :rolleyes2:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't got much to complain about - the two legged animals annoy me more than the four legged ones. I admit it's difficult for an alpha-male to have to stay at home with two teenage sons but does my son-in-law have to melt down so frequently? Being a doctor's nurse my daughter is lucky to be able to work - until she brings home the dreaded virus and we're all put in isolation! :help:Heaven forbid!

Back to the question - no idea which cat it was, but one of them threw up a fur ball in the night and it landed on the throw I'd only just put back on sofa after it had to be washed two days ago for the same reason. I've got 4 identical throws on my 3 sofas, but it's always the same one which has to go in the washing machine! At least I don't have to iron it and it dries pretty quickly on the line outside. :lol: It hasn't lost its colour yet.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't got much to complain about - the two legged animals annoy me more than the four legged ones. I admit it's difficult for an alpha-male to have to stay at home with two teenage sons but does my son-in-law have to melt down so frequently? Being a doctor's nurse my daughter is lucky to be able to work - until she brings home the dreaded virus and we're all put in isolation! :help:Heaven forbid!

Back to the question - no idea which cat it was, but one of them threw up a fur ball in the night and it landed on the throw I'd only just put back on sofa after it had to be washed two days ago for the same reason. I've got 4 identical throws on my 3 sofas, but it's always the same one which has to go in the washing machine! At least I don't have to iron it and it dries pretty quickly on the line outside. :lol: It hasn't lost its colour yet.
Same here. I had to wash my sheets because one of them did the same thing. Why cough it up anywhere OTHER than on mommy's bed? I washed my sheets, put them back on the next night I am drifting off and hear hacking. At the foot of my bed. :rolleyes2:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I don’t know what time it was, but suddenly in the middle of the night last night a small, high-pitched voice softly said, “Me?” A few seconds later—and closer to my head—“Me? Me?” Lily. I ignored her. Then a cold nose touched my face. I ignored her. She began digging frantically to get under the covers. I sighed and lifted them up for her. She sat for a moment...and then left. Mission accomplished. Whatever it was. :sigh:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There isn't too much Carleton does to annoy me but one thing is getting a piece of poop stuck in his fur and then immediately running away.:running:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Lucca (of course) wakes me up by pushing his head down between me and my pillow OR blanket, it doesn’t matter as long as he makes progress in either direction. This involves his desire to eat breakfast. I completely understand Simon now because Lucca is just like that. If the head trick doesn’t work, he will scratch the covers! :sigh:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pooped in my lap. I'm not even kidding. She did that. :eek::cringe::paperbag: The vet says she has some arthritis and then she has some constipation issues because of her meds. There is a reason I keep the couch covered!! But my lap!? Really!? :cringe:

She was on a roll that night. First she threw up a tiny hairball. Then I finally got to sit on the couch after everyone was in bed. I pulled my couch blanket over my lap and she knows that means it's lap time for her. So a very happy Mooch came chattering her way up to my lap and one just slipped right out. :cringe::doh::barfgreen: She was put out when I moved her to clean up and put my blanket in the laundry basket! Offended even! :lol:

After that she tried to raid the laundry basket for a dirty towel to roll on but with her weaker rear end (the vet says arthritis) she can't actually jump. It just makes her attempts to figure stuff our more amusing. And that's part of the reason she loses a little poo here and there if I don't keep her mirilax dose just right. She got into something else after that but right now I don't remember what that was. She's a 15 year old kitten!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Pooped in my lap. I'm not even kidding. She did that.
Reminds me of the time that Max peed in my lap years ago. My husband walked by dragging the hose to the compressor, and it scared Max so badly that his bladder just let loose. Cute. Not. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reminds me of the time that Max peed in my lap years ago. My husband walked by dragging the hose to the compressor, and it scared Max so badly that his bladder just let loose. Cute. Not. :lol:
Ok if I have to chose I'll take a little poo. Both gross but...much less messy!! :crazy: Good think they are so cute...

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy May Day! Aw, my sweet lady never does anything that really annoys me. However, she did wake me up 10 minutes too early today and when I whispered "go back sleeping" today she did not. Then I whispered "only 10 more little minutes" and still she did not move back to the end of the bed or snuggle up. I did make her wait until the appointed time, because I was in the middle of a dream about my Father and that is the only time I get to see Him anymore. I Love my Dad and wish he was still alive so I could rub his neck and back and laugh with Him. ♥ 🥀 🕷

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok if I have to chose I'll take a little poo. Both gross but...much less messy!! :crazy: Good think they are so cute...
The girls are long haired and occasionally get what I lovingly :rolleyes2: call "litterbox hitchhikers". Where do they go to remove them? Mommy's bed, of course. I came home from work once and found that one of said hitchhikers had been left for me right next to my pillow. :ohwell:

I just looked at both of them and asked, "Really? Did you have to leave it right next to where I put my face?"

Of course not but what's the fun in that? :flail::dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The girls are long haired and occasionally get what I lovingly :rolleyes2: call "litterbox hitchhikers". Where do they go to remove them? Mommy's bed, of course. I came home from work once and found that one of said hitchhikers had been left for me right next to my pillow. :ohwell:

I just looked at both of them and asked, "Really? Did you have to leave it right next to where I put my face?"

Of course not but what's the fun in that? :flail::dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:
Oh my.... don't tell my DH about this please. He just had allergy testing that shows its NOT cats; but dogs that he is allergic to. After having cats for 15 years and not letting them on our bed. Mooch can't jump up anyway; but he already says he doesn't want any pets on the bed. I don't need to give him a new excuse now that we know he isn't actually allergic. :crazy: I regularly have to clean Mooch's backside since her mobility has declined a bit. But with petwipes that's no so bad.