Question of the Day, Friday, March 6

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Early Sunday morning, we will turn the clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Savings Time. I can't wait; we love being outdoors and this gives us a longer day to play. I'm always sad when the days start getting shorter and we have to go to Standard Time. I'd be happy to stick with Savings Time and be done with it.

Which do you prefer: Savings or Standard Time? If we had to just pick one and stick with it, which one would you want? Why?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really care which one, I just wish they would leave it on one or the other. It's such a pain when we have to switch it, it throws my schedule & the cats' eating schedule off.

I guess if I had to pick, I would pick the sun staying out longer, so Savings Time I guess.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know really which one I prefer at the moment...but I do know that I dont like the changing of the clocks..cause it throws me and snowball off our schedule big time...Takes a bit of time to adjust...every time...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer Saving time. My circadian rhythm must run late because I never fully adjust to Standard time. Plus I do enjoy having the sun out for more hours after work.

I wish they'd stop changing the time but it would be somewhat impractical up North here. If we didn't change time it would be dark until 9 am in the winter. Maybe they could switch to the half-hour and leave it there. But every state would have to do it at the same time and that's definitely not gonna happen.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like more light in the evenings. More time for the kids to get outside and play. Sometimes there isn't much light left when we are done for the day so they don't get outside time. I'm not a morning person; so extra light in the morning doesn't interest me too much. But the clock changing really needs to be done away with to me. It was AWFUL when my kids were little but I had friends whose kids were waking them up at 4:30am so it could have been worse. But really; changing a baby-preschoolers schedules is just against nature. It's hard enough for us!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I prefer standard because I do like it when it’s dark earlier. I’m up at 4:30am and go to bed at around 8:00pm. It’s awful in the summer going to bed when it’s still light. Anyway, I prefer fall/winter anyway...

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't much care one way or the other.I do wish they'd close their eyes and point and leave it alone!

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like having a little more daylight after work because we can let our 3 chickens out after work. During the winter the chickens are in the hen house all day and bored, they only get out on the weekends. This time of year is a game-changer for us. Clementine and Bonita can start running around again and have just started laying again and Rudy Rooster starts crowing like crazy.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wish they'd pick one and stick with it. It messes me up for about a week either way. I don't know what the point of it is.