Question of the Day, Friday, March 12

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a very irregular sleep schedule. I am definitely more of a night person than a morning person. It isn’t uncommon for me to be up until 4 am, which impacts the time I wake up at. I wake up later than I should- 9-9:30, and on weekends closer to 10:30.
You sound like Michele- she worked straight nights for 37 years, and even though she will have been retired 4 years in May, she still is up until 3 or 4 a.m., then sleeps until almost noon.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Magnesium, if you haven’t already. 100-200 mg a day helps getting to sleep and staying asleep, is a mineral our bodies need and are often deficient in and is non addictive. Also, just in case you eat chocolate, it can have a negative effect on sleep, even more so that caffeinated products.
Thanks. I am currently taking Magnesium Glysinate, GABA, and Melatonin. I am going to my doctor to see what is the root of this problem. I have this sleep problem, even when I stay away from caffeine, so it comes down to vitamin deficiency or either a hormonal or chemical imbalance.Very frustrating! Thanks for the advice once again. 🙂

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm usually up between 7-7:30....sometimes a bit earlier,and yes,I am up for the day.I'm not a napper...already have sleeping issues so I'm sure with a nap I'd not sleep very much if at all.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
On a working day, I usually get up before or at 5am, although my alarm is set at 5:30, but Bourbon's swatting on my face is unbearable. Then after tending to them including poop scooping I head to the bathroom to get ready for work. On a weekend it would be the same, unless I lock out Bourbon in the kitchen to keep her from reaching my face for a hard swat. Usually when I get up early on a weekend it would be impossible for me to get back to sleep, because after feeding all my cats there comes the zoomies. Imagine my apartment with cats in all sizes flying everywhere here and there.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Naps are where it’s at! :cloud9:
Damn straight!! :clap2: :yess::jive:

I get up between 1-2am sometimes sooner based on my pain levels Lately I'll get up have a cuppa
take med, play WWF, then go back to sleep for an hour or so. I do nap in the afternoon. If I am in bed
too long my body is very stiff so I would rather sleep a shorter amount of time, get up, walk it off,
then go back to bed.

I never really napped before I met my ex-husband, He could sleep for 20-30mins, snoring. He called
them power naps, ha!!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
What time do you usually get up in the morning? Once you get up, are you up to stay? Do you ever take naps during the day?

i sleep until 5pm but nap during the day unless i have an appt to go to

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early morning shift I'm up at 5:30. During a day off and/or if I have an afternoon shift or evening dance classes to teach I usually sleep in around 8-9 am.

I don't nap, I hate napping! They always make me feel so much worse afterward.