Question Of The Day, Friday, June 29

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the onion rings at Burger King. But what I really like are the Italian beef sandwiches with hot marinara at Brown's Chicken. They have lots of other things, too, but I haven't tried them yet. I also love a nearby Chinese takeout. Their food is really good, especially the hot and sour soup.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With what I have here it's a tie between Burger King and Taco Bell. At Burger King I like getting a veggie burger, and at Taco Bell I get a crunchwrap with beans instead of meat. I only get it a couple times a year.

Before I moved my favorites were Chipotle and Veggie Grill. I miss Veggie Grill so much :bawling:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The Subways around here are starting to close. We used to get their subs sometimes. I really like Wendy's fries, but will bring them home and slather them with malt vinegar and some BBQ sauce....no ketchup. We finally got a Chipotle's but haven't gotten anything from there yet. We finally got a Jersey Mike's, too, and their subs aren't bad at all.

Years ago, there used to be a Mom-and-Pop hoagie place. Oh, man, they made the best hoagies around, just full of meats and cheeses. They were really good; they weren't close by, but they were worth the trip. I'd call to place an order and til we got there, it was ready. We miss them. Excellent hoagies.

Around here, we call them hoagies. Some people do call them subs, but to most of us, they're hoagies.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taco Johns, just because they are everywhere. My favorite WAS the bean tostada with added onion and super hot, then they discontinued it. Now my favorite is the taco Bravo, a soft shell wrapping a hard shell. whatever I have it has to have onion and super hot!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We only have one Pita Pit here and it isn't convenient for me. It's close to OSU, it isn't so much distance as it is heavy traffic so I haven't tried it.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go with Whataburger. I think it's only in Texas, although it may be expanding. Huge burgers, always freshly made. A good variety, too, like one with A-1 steak sauce, one with spicy jack cheese, sautéed onions and poblano peppers. You get your money's worth of great burger.

And then there's the chicken love of my life, Popeye's. No one does chicken like they do. I could make a meal out of the crust. And their sweet iced tea! KFC just tastes nasty to me, not like good fried chicken should taste. I like Popeye's red beans and rice, too.

We have a chain called Firehouse Subs here. They make a superb Italian cold cut sub. I don't know how my husband manages a large one. The smaller ones are a good meal.

We used to have Der Weinerschnitzel, Alfie's Fish and Chips, and Del Taco, but they're all long gone, alas!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to go with Whataburger. I think it's only in Texas, although it may be expanding. Huge burgers, always freshly made. A good variety, too, like one with A-1 steak sauce, one with spicy jack cheese, sautéed onions and poblano peppers. You get your money's worth of great burger.

And then there's the chicken love of my life, Popeye's. No one does chicken like they do. I could make a meal out of the crust. And their sweet iced tea! KFC just tastes nasty to me, not like good fried chicken should taste. I like Popeye's red beans and rice, too.

We have a chain called Firehouse Subs here. They make a superb Italian cold cut sub. I don't know how my husband manages a large one. The smaller ones are a good meal.

We used to have Der Weinerschnitzel, Alfie's Fish and Chips, and Del Taco, but they're all long gone, alas!
I'm with you all the way on Popeye's. They blow KFC out of the water IMO. The spicy chicken is the best. I love the gravy Popeye's puts on their mashed potatoes. The sweet tea! Oh it is SO good. I have been loving that stuff for years. I finally got DD to try a sip of mine and she LOVED it. Did you know that they sell it in half gallons and gallons?

We have a Firehouse Subs here too. I went there once and the service was so slow I never went back. I usually go to Jimmy Johns when I want a sandwich. Super fast and exactly the way I want it. I order it online and pick it up. We do have a Jersey Mike's. The last time DD and I ordered from them, they messed up both of our sandwiches. Hers was not even close to what she ordered. We ordered online and picked it up. I have not been back. JJ's is half the distance, has better prices and my order is always perfect.

Who else loves the Cinnabon Delights at Taco Bell? They are SO good. They are the best thing on TB's menu.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I want chicken it’s definitely our local fast food restaurant roysces. They have the best Reese’s milkshakes too.

Tacos usually Taco Bell I love the nacho supreme and they are bringing back nacho fries on the 12th! And I love their potato things with cheese and sour cream.

I don’t particularly like taco johns but it’s conveniently by my house and tacos are 85 cents on Tuesdays! And any size pop $1.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I want chicken it’s definitely our local fast food restaurant roysces. They have the best Reese’s milkshakes too.

Tacos usually Taco Bell I love the nacho supreme and they are bringing back nacho fries on the 12th! And I love their potato things with cheese and sour cream.

I don’t particularly like taco johns but it’s conveniently by my house and tacos are 85 cents on Tuesdays! And any size pop $1.
I love the nachos supreme from Taco Bell. I always skip the tomatoes (for some reason my local TB never has good ones) and add jalapenos. I love Taco Bell because you can customize pretty much anything. I always order online and pick it up so I don't have to waste time at the drive through or the window telling someone how I want it and hope they get it right.

When I was a kid, we had a Jack's (it was Jack in the Box but for whatever reason, it was called Jack's). I loved their tacos. Cheap and kinda greasy but so good. We don't have any JITB here in Florida. :sigh: