Question Of The Day, Friday, June 29

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

And another month is almost over.....our summer is already flying by.

What is your favorite fast-food restaurant? And what is your favorite order at your favorite restaurant? Do you visit often?

Even though I'm lucky to get there once a year, I'd have to say that my favorite fast-food restaurant is KFC. We don't have other fast-food places that do chicken. No Popeyes or anything like that. It's KFC or nothing. And about once a year (if I'm lucky), I manage to get to KFC.

I used to enjoy a Whopper from Burger King every once in a while, but the King commercials give me the heebie-jeebies. I don't like him and I haven't been able to eat at a BK since those commercials started airing....and that's been a while now. I haven't had a Whopper in a long time.

Rick likes fish sandwiches on occasion, so we'll hit Wendy's sometimes. His mother loves Wendy's Baconater, so sometimes we'll grab a bit of lunch at Wendy's on a Saturday and take it up to her for a surprise. I know, I know....the Baconator is a heart attack on a plate. The woman is 96 years old; she doesn't care!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KFC for me. No other copy-cat place can ever equal that unique taste, it's genius. I only ever get the standard coated chicken pieces but my Mrs likes the fully loaded meal. Oh, and the barbeque beans are great when you dip the fries in them.
As an alternative and equally good depending on mood, fish and chips from a dedicated chippie, not a Chinese or Indian for example who have fish and chips on their menu amongst their stuff. It's just not the same and is sort of a 'Jack of all trades.....' type thing.
You've got me going now and I'm slightly peckish at the moment so I also like a Chinese restaurant or takeaway and I usually order something with a sticky BBQ sauce such as ribs. I like the sweet aspect on some savoury dishes so sweet and sour dishes etc.
I love tomatoes to death but strangely I'm not keen on Italian restaurants even though they use lots of tomatoes in their dishes. strange that.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Burger King is my favorite because they have a veggie burger. My favorite order is veggie burger, medium fries and a vanilla milk shake. I go about once a month.
Yep. Burger King is about the only fast food place around that offers a vegetarian option. I don’t go often but every now and then a veggie burger and fries sounds good. :yummy:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before my weight loss I would have fast food at least once a week, but usually more than that. Now that I'm smaller, it doesn't have the same appeal, which is very much a good thing. I think if I were to choose my favorite, I'd go with Hardee's, probably because there are only like 3 locations within a 40 mile radius of where I live, so it's become sort of a novelty to go there. I think what I usually order is the Frisco Thickburger.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably Chipotle. I like places where I can create my own stuff because I don't like tomatoes and can be a bit of a picky eater. So rather than a McDonald's where it's "I want this but without..." I like just starting from scratch and going "this, this and this"

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Jersey Mike's Subs. They give a lot of meat, and I love how they cut the meat in front of you so you know what you are getting is fresh. so yummy!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Carl's Jr (aka Hardee's) has a childhood appeal. Growing up there was one within walking distance of my house and my mom's work. Whichever place I was at my Mom would give me a few dollars and I'd walk over to get dinner. It's still me go to when I don't feel good or need some comfort food. Just so tied in with too many childhood memories like staying home sick from school and going with my Mom to her office or summer vacation grabbing lunch.

Outside of the knee jerk comfort food area, I like Tokyo Joe's which is a quick serve Japanese inspired type place. Potstickers or a wonton sushi roll and a salad are my go to. Someplace with a drive thru would probably be Del Taco another childhood one since we only did Carl's Jr or Del Taco drive thru as kids. But I also like their food. My breakfast most days is a egg and cheese burrito plus iced tea which runs me $2.25 and is 300 calories. Nom. I really should make breakfast at home *sigh*

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like different places for different things. In general, my favorites are PizzaRev and Pita Pit, because I can get fancy stuff like artichoke hearts and falafel, etc., and make it the way I want it. I like Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and chicken nuggets, and the tropical green tea. I like McDonald's for fast and cheap, the $1, $2, $3 menu ;). And their coffee is good. I LOVE KFC's mashed potatoes and gravy, so the $5 chicken bowl (mashed potatoes and gravy with chicken tenders mixed in!) is just the best. And Culver's makes the best burgers anywhere, and the fries and cheese curds are pretty good too. Taco John's for buying a big dang bag of burritos and tacos for cheap after 8 pm.

I do enjoy a Whopper Jr, but the local Burger King isn't fast or cheap or convenient so I rarely go there. Popeye's is OK but average, IMO. I love CrunchWrap Supremes from Taco Bell, but, again, the closest Taco Bell is in an awkward location so I rarely consider it worth the trouble.

I have actually never eaten at Hardee's or Arby's. I'm not avoiding them on purpose, I guess I've just never thought anything in their ads looked like what I prefer.

Haha, that all makes it sound like I eat out a lot! I don't really; maybe once a week or so. I just like to mix it up when I do.

If there were a fast food place on my way to work, I would definitely get breakfast every day. I love fast food breakfasts. And they probably have about the same number of calories as a regular breakfast. But I suppose it's good that there aren't any restaurants near my house or workplace or my wallet would be a lot lighter.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BK makes a great burger!
Chipoltle is a fav, but the spices and seasonings seem to vary from location to location.
My absolute favorite is a small, family owned, family run and operated Chinese place. Amazing owners, their kids help out sometimes, and the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. Even without being a vegetarian my favorite is Veggie fried rice....

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat fast food...except when I venture to Phoenix. Then I can't leave until I've visited either Rally's or Pete's fish n chips. Rally"s makes the best burger in the world.
Then a quick stop at QT's for a frozen cappuccino, and I'm off.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a hard one. I always tell DH to pick a place and I'll find something I like there. ;) For instance, Jimmy John's: Beach Club Unwrap, no mayo. Culvers: Mushroom Swiss, no bun and side salad. Noodles: Pesto Cavatappi with GF Fusilli. Subway: whatever salad looks good. We eat fast food maybe twice a month. DH is more likely to swing through than I am.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is Subway. I usually get a veggie and cheese on whole wheat with extra cheese.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i rarely eat out. it's been a couple years since i've even grabbed an egg and sausage on a biscuit thing from Burger King's dollar menu.

i did used to like Subway though. i really enjoyed their flatbread with cooked egg and as much veggies as i could get stuffed in it! :yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I rarely go to fast food restaurants since I prefer the independent or family owned places but if I do have a yen for something quick I like to go to Salata, (salads and wraps), or Chipotle.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely go to fast food restaurants since I prefer the independent or family owned places but if I do have a yen for something quick I like to go to Salata, (salads and wraps), or Chipotle.
Salata looks interesting! It's a bit of a drive, but someday I might check it out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I need a burger fix; it's Hardees. I could live without their fries; but they do the best burgers.

If I need a chicken sandwich type fix it alternates between Chick-Fil-A and KFC. Sometimes McDonalds because I want it with a tomato and all that on it too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Subway too. Hey, sandwiches you basialy make yourself, what could be wrong with that? But Pita Pit is even better.

I really like Panera, but I don't think that counts as fast food. Fast casual? Idk. I went to a Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes while on vacation once and loved it. I wish we had one here but, then again, a vegetarian-type restaurant may not be so popular in beef country ;).