Question Of The Day, Friday, June 1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were at Cedar Point many years ago, also to King's Island. We really enjoyed our visits to both of them and have often talked about going back. I think one of those places had a wooden coaster called The Grizzly; it was back in the woods a ways. That was a great wooden coaster! I don't remember the Maverick, but it probably wasn't there back then.

I think they had a steel coaster called Magnum Force? Magnum? Something like that. When it went up over one of the hills, I swore we were going to end up in the lake. That was a great ride. That might have been at Ceder Point; I don't remember and, at this point, I tend to get my coasters mixed up. I also remember Millenium-something. Great ride.

One year we were over at Great Adventures in Jersey. They have/had a neat wooden coaster called Rolling Thunder. Well, we got there and it was a cloudy, really chilly day. Not too many people were in line, so I think we rode that coaster for a good hour! We'd get back to the station and nobody was there, so he'd let everybody go again. And again. A couple times we got back to the station and the guy would say, "Backward?" and everybody would cheer. And he'd run us through the thing backward. He was a great guy with a neat sense of humor. Eventually, there were more people waiting, so we had to get off. I thanked the guy and told him he had made my day.

My favorite steel coaster is probably Loch Ness down at Busch Gardens in Virginia. It was the first time I had ever been on a looped coaster and I fell in love with it. Now, it's really nothing, but back then, it was pretty neat. I loved it. People seemed to like The Big Bad Wolf, but we always thought it was rather tame.

We also rode the Drachen Fire, also at Busch Gardens. That was bad. Just really bad. People were getting off the ride, sitting on the curb and puking. I rode it twice and couldn't do it again. Rick and our son rode it 3 or 4 times and walked away. None of us could handle it. Usually after one ride, you pretty much know where the rough parts are and you can prepare yourself. No amount of preparation could help us deal with it it. The head-banging was unreal; they actually made people take their earrings out of their ears. I think the ride was only there for five years or so; they had to tear it out. Nobody could ride it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I *LOVE* roller coasters! I unfortunately haven't been on one in over a decade, but now that I can actually fit into a seat, I should go to an amusement park this summer.