Question Of The Day, Friday, June 1

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy June! This year is just whizzing by!

Easy question: Do you like rollercoasters? Where do you like to sit on a coaster?

We love them. When we go to an amusement park, we just go from one coaster to the next, to the next and then back to the first one again. We spend the entire day riding coasters. Wooden coasters, steel coasters, stand-up coasters, looped coasters. You name it; we'll ride it. The first time we ride, we hit the first seat. Then the second time, we'll hit the rear seat. We'll wait for the seat we want; it's worth waiting for. We've been all over the east coast just to ride coasters.

What about you? Are you a rollercoaster fan?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love them! Especially wooden ones.
I took a summer job at Great Adventures in Jackson NJ when I was just out of high school. They had what looked like a very non-threatening coaster there, but...it really was quite exciting despite it's appearance. I remember there was one point where it went into a tunnel and zoomed out and my stomach would drop each time, even though I knew it was coming.
It was a fun summer to say the least - I enjoyed the atmosphere a lot!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rollercoasters aren't a thing in my neck of the woods until the fair rolls around, and even then, they're small and usually restricted for children only. I do remember going on a small coaster at the fair when I was a kid. It didn't go fast and I was probably only like 15 feet off the ground, but I did have fun.

I'm scared of heights and vomiting and I'm sure I'd hurl if I went on a big coaster, but if I could go on another small one where I couldn't go upside down, I'd give it a shot.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm scared of roller coasters, but also enjoy them. I'll stand in line talking about how it's a bad idea, and I'll double check harnesses and everything, but it's thrilling once you get over the first hill.

I like sitting in the middle if at all possible. It's psychological, but I feel safest there.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I do not like wooden roller coasters at all. Not only they hurt my neck and back most of the time, they just scare the crap out of me, lol.

I love other roller coasters though! Not as much as I used to when I was younger, but I'll still go on them

I prefer front or back, mostly front

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not really a fan. I didn't mind some when I was younger. But no flips or anything like that. I don't like being jarred like on the wooden ones. I didn't even go on any coasters when we went to Disney a few years ago. Motion sickness is one of the worst feelings in the world. I didn't want to risk it. Although we did some other rides that involved a bit more spinning and that's definitely a bigger risk there.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't like them. I would be vomiting the whole ride. The last time I rode a Tilt-a-Whirl, I threw up when I got off. It must be an inner ear thing.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no, i don't generally enjoy rollercoasters. too much sudden turns and jerking around. and then there's the lines to wait to board the rollercoasters :argh: , and that the rides only last for a few minutes. :headshake:

i do really enjoy the 'kiddie' rollercoasters though. :D those are pleasant, good views while up high and reasonable turns and ups/downs. and the ride lasts longer on the kiddie rollercoasters too! :agree:

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I don't like them. I especially hate that feeling as if someone yanked my heart out of my body. The clanking clanking clanking noise as the roller coaster climbs slowly towards the peak? Just dreadful.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like them. I haven't been to Six Flags Great America in ages. The last time I was there they had replaced The Hurricane with Batman the Ride. The first time I went on Batman was horrifying.....lol....

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am absolutely terrified of them. I even got on a kids roller coaster and it scared me to death. It felt like it was going to fly off the track with ever turn.

No, I do not like them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love roller coasters. Any kind, although the ones that drop straight down aren't my favorites.

The dueling dragons coaster at Universal Orlando is the best I've ever been on. (And what! I just looked it up and see that it's been demolished. Hmph).

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always hated theme parks. I'm the type that will go on a kids ride and think I'm about to die :biggrin: I just hate the fast motion and dizzy feelings, and particularly as I've gotten older I hate spinning motions. So whenever I'm looking after the younger members of my family and they invite me to a ride on the roundabout at the playpark, I have to politely, and embarrassingly, bow out and explain that they aren't designed for older wimps haha.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do spinny rides. Or free-fall rides. I don't even like the kid's Dumbo-type rides. I once went on the swing ride and thought I'd die. But I do love roller coasters, the "scarier" the better, because I prefer having a shoulder harness on. I don't like the ones that just have lap bars, that's scary.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They wouldn't be my first choice of rides at an amusement park. The last time I went on a roller coaster I kept my eyes shut the entire time.:wink:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You couldn't anesthetize me, hog tie me, and drag me onto a roller coaster. I don''t like falling, being jerked around, on any other sensation a roller coaster provides.

Check out Kingda Ka. It goes from 0-128 mph in 3.5 seconds. Besides 0 gravity, it also hits 5Gs.

Are you crazy enough to take this on?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You couldn't anesthetize me, hog tie me, and drag me onto a roller coaster. I don''t like falling, being jerked around, on any other sensation a roller coaster provides.

Check out Kingda Ka. It goes from 0-128 mph in 3.5 seconds. Besides 0 gravity, it also hits 5Gs.

Are you crazy enough to take this on?
Me? Oh heck yeah!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to until I rode one called Maverick at Cedar Point. I have always avoided the ones that are obviously really fast with a lot of the things that people that love roller coasters crave. Maverick is deceptive though, much more than meets the eye, that was it for me and roller coasters.